Home Theater seats

IndyKlipschFan

See, therein lies the problem - certain "types" of older equipment (like tube amps) really "help" the ambience of the sound stage, where my old crates from high school will not. Who'da guessed?

Thanks for the tip on the Kroger crates. I did a side-by-side comparison myself on the Kroger vs. Albertson's, and agree the Albertsons were much "cleaner" overall, with less smudge in the midrange, especially in the 1-3KHz bandwidth. For my source material, I used the Muppet Movie (since it's a good "early" source"), and found Miss Piggy's dialogue to have far less clarity than it normally does when using the Kroger crates. Kermit also fell short, especially in exchanges with Beaker.

Also, I was entertained by the comment about the multi-colored crates as being a "focal point". Most people would try to "tone down" their room colors for better visual effect, but this is really smart adaptation. Why not work with what you have? I would DEFINITELY get ahold of HGTV!!

Since I can't have Safeway, Albertson's it is! Man, you guys are very helpful! Nowhere else would I expect to get such quality advice!

Popbumper16.gif

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUTTWAFFLE- LOL, this is the best thread I've heard in a long while. BTW, thanks Mitch for the info on MSA site

I understand the absolute necessity for cupholders, but has anyone who has seating with the aforementioned 'shakers' ie built in subs or whatever please give an account of how these differ from having a good sub system. I'm interested in great seating for my new HT room, and understand the beauty of having one's 'arse' kicked (witness the 10" JBL in custom cabinet right behind the drivers seat in my Accord), but don't want to spend $$ unnecessarily.

What's the best fabric for cleaning up the occasional 'butter' stain? Leather or Micro?

peace out

Michael

My My My

How we all have progressed in this thread Now that we

all have the very versatile crate furniture in our listening rooms Its time to go on to the next step and acquire some fine media to put into one of our crates

these I think these will be the hot ticket to fit our decor

http://porktornado.diaryland.com/albumcover.html

a word of warning for the single having these in your room will garner reactions from the oppsite sex like

Hi Karate Cologne3.gif

Link above posted from another fourm

2.gif

----------------

On 5/6/2004 1:14:03 PM popbumper wrote:

Thanks for the tip on the Kroger crates. I did a side-by-side comparison myself on the Kroger vs. Albertson's, and agree the Albertsons were much "cleaner" overall, with less smudge in the midrange, especially in the 1-3KHz bandwidth. For my source material, I used the Muppet Movie (since it's a good "early" source"), and found Miss Piggy's dialogue to have far less clarity than it normally does when using the Kroger crates. Kermit also fell short, especially in exchanges with Beaker.

----------------

Hey, we ought to sell those to the snooty "audiophiles" for $1,000 a pop! They'll go great with thier magic candle sticks, the magic stones, and the magic cable stands. 11.gif

Hahaha! Sounds kinda like me! Especially right about now!

All kidding aside, deane and I found the seats that picky-picky has very comfortable for extended periods. One thing that he had mentioned to me is that adult beverages should be purchased in cans, as the cup holders have a very large / fairly shallow opening and bottles can tip easily, and could possibly lead to cursing and swearing, as your lap gets wet!

----------------

On 5/4/2004 3:31:40 PM Tom Adams wrote:

Question for htxpert and SoundBroker -

Why would one want to use a "theater" seat like the Berkline or Lay Z Boy versus any one number of recliners that are out there? I mean, is there something special about them other than the drink holders? This is not a baited question. I sincerely would like to know what I could expect to get from these seats that a traditional quality recliner would not have.

This a great thread BTW.

Tom

----------------

Sorry it took so long to reply...I've been overwhelmed with seating orders and some big systems...seems people are getting those IRS check back 9.gif

Biggest difference is the design. A good home theater recliner will have the right combo of seat back height that when reclined will not block your rear surrounds...and just enough height to give you good support and comfort. A regular recliner seatback is too high. Also when doing multiple rows, the seatbacks on a regular recliner are too high for sightline clearance unless you build a stupidly high riser. And those cupholders are the perfect place to put a drink on one side and your remote on the other 2.gif

Our seats aren't any more expensive than a regular recliner. I sell sets of three in microfiber for $1299...that is not each...that is a total for three. Yah, I sell a lot of them!

Kevin

The Sound Broker

• 7 months later...

Anyone out in Klipsch Land a Berkline dealer?

http://www.berkline.com/images/prod_images/large/theater/094.jpg

I saw these seats, sat in them, played a round a bit... Tried out every seat in the store really. I kept coming back to these.

Wow the berkline 094's are nice.

I looked at the 094 Group Series...

4 seats accross.

C 094 53 Left recliner

54 armless (Married 10+ years, and we still like to cuddle.)

54 armless

C 094 52 Right recliner

This gives it a slight curve at the side seats and is 140 inches wide at the deepest part. These would be black leather, and powered seats.

Looked like 6,900 MSRB list + - 3,300 After Holiday sale for everything. (including delivery too.)It is a little more than I had planned to spend like evrything else in this hobby I would hate to "save" a few hundred by playing it safe but not enjoying a great choice in seats I will be sitting in for years to go.

These seats had bigger cup holders, come with 4 trays in Burlwood, storage areas and power tilt and felt very nice. Good size too, I did not feel "sqinched" in.

I can see falling asleep, tilted back, a full tummy, happening really easy! LOL

Anyone have any luck or knowledge in this series? The local Watson's has this exact seat (Silver screen seating called Hollywood) That is made for them by Berkline that is the exact same that is in the pics on the Berkline site. Any thougths? (I am sure with their buying group how they came up with the 3,300 price on sale.)

Thanks for any input.

Roger in Indy.

Just a thought on HT seats. I was thinking of getting these but then realized I could not lay down when I watch a movie. You have to sit up or sit and recline. I dont know about you all but I find it very nice to stretch out on my couch and watch a movie. The HT seating idea is great but really not practical to me. Forcing myself to sit upright is not my idea of comfort when I relax in my home.

Just my opinion.