Check out the new 73" Mitsubishi

fabulousfrankie

----------------

On 5/11/2004 1:22:10 PM fabulousfrankie wrote:

Just for size reference, I put the 50" Toshiba it replaced to the left. Originally sold for $8k, but I scored the last one in Tweeter's mid-atlantic region for $2500.
----------------

Now all you have to do is ship that 50" Toshiba down to me!!! 9.gif

WOW...I have a 61 inch... I hope your room is large enough.. LOL

Seriously, it looks great!! I notice if I sit 12" or less, (Yes I am kidding here) it looks terrible. LOL But as I go back a few feet or more the picture looks fantastic. (I believe this is always true of any set, even non DLP and Composits... those RED Blue Green Circles or Pixels really close up are pretty hard on the eyes!!) The key is to find in your house how far back you need to go and still feel comfortable seeing all of the picture.

A 20 foot screen only 8 feet back is futile!! Kinda like sitting in the front row, middle, at an IMAX show... What I learned was sit toward the top/...3/4 and up and in the middle is the PERFECT sweet spot for IMAX shows.

----------------

On 5/11/2004 9:45:48 PM easylistener wrote:

How is the picture quility? I have heard that some of these real big ones are having some problems with the edge clearity. I have a 57 now and have wanted to go up to these new big ones.
----------------

The 73" Mits use very high quality 9" CRT's. Think of it as a CRT projector without all the hassles. Most of the smaller sets use 5" or 7" CRT's.

You need at least 9" CRT's to fully resolve 1080i so in that respect you not only are getting a larger picture you are getting a TV that can truly resolve HD 1080i. The guy who I trust to ISF my TV owns the a verson of the 73" Mits and keeps telling me that is the TV I should have gotten
1.gif

Laters,

Jeff

----------------

On 5/14/2004 12:45:48 PM eq_shadimar wrote:

----------------

On 5/11/2004 9:45:48 PM easylistener wrote:

How is the picture quility? I have heard that some of these real big ones are having some problems with the edge clearity. I have a 57 now and have wanted to go up to these new big ones.
----------------

The 73" Mits use very high quality 9" CRT's. Think of it as a CRT projector without all the hassles. Most of the smaller sets use 5" or 7" CRT's.

You need at least 9" CRT's to fully resolve 1080i so in that respect you not only are getting a larger picture you are getting a TV that can truly resolve HD 1080i. The guy who I trust to ISF my TV owns the a verson of the 73" Mits and keeps telling me that is the TV I should have gotten
1.gif

Laters,

Jeff

----------------

The picture is awesome. Even though I happenned to snag a great deal on this set, I prefer the Mitsubishi Diamond RPTV's all of the latest LCD and DLP's I've seen. I made a friend who's an ISF calibrator so I'll be calling him up soon.

----------------

On 5/15/2004 1:04:17 AM Antagon wrote:

Wait, are they doing this at all Tweeters? I've been saving up for that TV....

----------------

This is last years model, the WS73711, this years model is WS73713. They are 98% the same. You can ask your local Tweeter to see any of the stores in the region have one in stock.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice TV. I'm happy with my new tv I just scored for a steal from a liquidation :D.

Toshiba 53H71 53", how much :D? 350 bucks thats how much.

This thing rocks along with my new synergy based HT setup (SF-2, SC-1, SS-1) and my Yamaha 5650 reciever.

Feels good to paid around 1800 for my whole HT setup TV and all.

My Xbox is handling streaming music and video off the PC, progressive scan DVD's, and gaming :).

Happy happy