Klipsc owners with SVS???

basse

So, you are using two different ones? Is that ok? It wont we any differences?

Ok, I have got some tips now, but I am still confused... Am I going to get the passive cylinders with the Samson 100w amp or actives or just go for the box?

What is the difference in quality and which has the highest SPL. I am thinking of the cylinder vs. boxes...

If the cylinder was the option here, would it be the best with the passive ones with the external amp?

Well, a lot confused questions here.... :)

Depends on what your goals are. The room has the most single effect on the amount of bass that you will have at the listening position. In a small room, you have more cancellation in the lower frequencies. This does not mean that you will have less bass, just that the response will be varied and jagged throughout the room.

Quality or brand differences aside, the various tunings and displacements are designed to complement the room and work as a system. Meaning brand "P", brand "S" or brand "K" might not be all designed around the same design goals. Spl at what frequency? How large is the room? There are many questions to ask, and the friendly people over at the brand "S" website can help you chose a subwoofer, even if it is not one of theirs that will meet your goals.

Cylinders do not take up a lot of floor space, but they do have a large volume. They are much easier and cheaper to construct than box subs.

Jan, one thing to consider. SVS is an internet company only with no distributors. If you are planning on shipping any distance whatsoever, weight should be a consideration. As a rule, to get the same performance from a box that you would from a tube, you will have a large weight penalty with the box. 50 pounds or more may be saved by going with a tube instead of a box. Carl

I bought an SVS 20-39PCi a few months back, I have nothing but good to say about it. It complements my Forte's, Academy, Heresy II's, and KG's well. To confirm some comments a few others have had:

1) It's BIG - my wife looks at me, and says "a bit overkill, eh"? as I unpacked it. I just looked back, hugged the speaker, and said "my precious".....

2) It has a very good response, after I calibrated it, I can hear it down to 30Hz, though after that it just rattles everything down to about 24Hz. It has a 320 watt BASH amp, really does the trick.

3) SVS folks are SUPER easy to talk with, and given information about your space will happily recommend a suitable sub for your room/application.

These subs are built well, hit the low stuff with ease, blend well with Klipsch, are reasonably priced, and customer support is a bonus. What more could you want?

Popbumper9.gif

Wow many replies here :) Good.

Ok my room is 22 square meters, this is 6.8m*3.2m, and it is only 205cm heigh!! :(

As I have understood SVS boxes is too big, and I have decided for a cylinder. Ok? Anyone?

Allright, so this sub has to be shipped all over to Europe (the shipping price example wansnt that bad on SVS home page), this means that it was meantioned here, that I have to think of the weight. So the boxes are the heaviest ones, so I go for the cylinder.

Which cylinder folks?

For my Klipsch RF-7 I dont need more punch, only deeeep base with a lot of power!!

Will I then choose the passive ones with Samson amp (very cheap!!!!!) or the active ones? Are there any differences in quality compared the active and passive ones, or is it just the amp that differs them (external/internal)?

The Samson is perfect for the sub, or is it better to choose another one? I am then thinking of just get one here in Norway, but hey, the price....?

Thanks 10.gif

Greetings everyone,

this is how is my ears were treated to the SVS experince. www.audioenvy.com 1.gif1.gif filled out the for made the request for an audition . get a reply, set the date, and it was a done deal. It was the first svs demo like others I will not part with cash with out hearing first. but all I can say is the SVS sub(20-39) that I heard kicks A** and whole lot of it!!! So for those the have not been treated to the SVS experince Get your best bass music and movies togeather and go check out for your self. the best part about audioenvy.com FREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHEN MY THEATHER IS COMPLETED A PB2+ WILL BE ON BASS PATROL WITH CHROUS II'S F/R + HERSEY'S CENTER & SURROUNDS

MORE ON THAT LATER

Hope this helps

PEACE

YENDOR

Jan, the best thing to do is go to svsubwoofers.com, click questions then contact us and then click technical. You will be e-mailing Tom (one of the founders/owners). Give him your room dimensions and any openings to other rooms. He will make a recommendation that should fit your application. He will not try to oversell you. Normally he responds in a few hours. Their customer service is awesome. Good luck!

I'm a huge Klipsch fan. Have been for many years. Don't mean to step on toes, but I just purchased an SVS sub (25-31pci) and love it. I've listened to comparably priced Klipsch subs, but the SVS is a monster. I purchased the smaller sub because I really like music and this thing produces clean, tight, powerful bass that completely blends with my RF3II's. I too was skeptical since I couldn't hear it, but I gambled and feel that I won. It was $570 with shipping and performs way beyond it's price.

Overall, I would recommend adding this to your list. Based on where you live, it would cost ~$40 for shipping ($20 each way-should you return) and you have 45 days to give it a try and compare. As I said, I was very skeptical since I hadn't heard it, but I am very pleased. Not that Klipsch subs are inferior, but I feel that for the $, you get more performance from SVS.

I purchased the SVS 20-39 PCi about 3 weeks ago. I originally had a definitive technology pf15tl+. Comparing these 2 subwoofers the SVS is a cleaner sounding subwoofer. It digs just a little deeper than the def tech and its about just as loud even though I have to set the SVS a little over 1/2 volume to equal the output of the def tech at 2/5 power for home theater applications. The SVS is not punchy nor can it keep up with my klipsch mains for music. The SVS bass sounds darker and more laid back compared to my mains bass. The bass coming out of my mains is more clear, live with more slam. Everything is calibrated correctly too. With hometheater not necessarily music the bass is indeed cleaner than the def tech. The SVS will be returned and I will finally purchase a Klipsch subwoofer the RSW-12 and hopefully I will get that live, clear, loud slam I am after just like my Klipsch mains.

I think you probably purchased the SVS for the wrong reasons. The punchy bass you're after is 40-50Hz and above "music" type bass. The reason the SVS probably sounds more laid back is because its response is flatter instead of producing a false boost in the higher octaves. Your mains roll off at the point you desire, and the sub you seek seems like it should be less of a digger and more into SPL at higher frequencies.

This is concurrent with most "music primarily" sub owners.