Indianapolis Klipsch "Pilgrimage" June 12

DTLongo

It was fun driving in Saturday morning with most of the family entourage in tow, and it was wonderful to see that Klipsch is still a very family friendly place to work (and visit!)Kudos to all the people at Klipsch to "give" us owners a slice of the company for a long weekend, and for going far out of their way, and deep into their pockets, to welcome all of us. Having expressed concerns over some corporate strategies on numerous occasions, I was very pleased to find they have a pragmatic outlook that is still married to a very closely held historical mission.

We had fun, and Colleen had even more fun trying to wear Liam out for the three hours she let me orbit the research factory Liamless. Liam especially liked the Beatnik Lady performance, and did his best to be the band's No. 1 fan during the perverse theatrical declamation, or whatever words you wish to describe "Purple."2.gif

I was contemplating the penalties in Indiana for euthanasia during her act, but decided it was not needed. The front of the house went from packed to less than 15% full in under 25 minutes, an amazing transformation. Must have been due to the free movie passes at the Klipsch supplied theatre!

Part 1

I too would like to extend a great big THANK-YOU to Trey and the Klipsch staff for a great time. They provided tour buses to the theater, lunch, diner, snacks and gifts! My plaque is already mounted! There was quite a bit of planning to set this up and a big thanks to the Klipsch employees that volunteered their Saturday to spend with us.

The Engineering facility is very nice! I'm really glad that I was able to experience the different systems... I will definitely be upgrading my office PC sound system and K-horns have yet again been reinforced as a near-future goal. I was also impressed with the THX Sub.

It was very cool to poke our noses around the theater. It would have been fun to start with the smaller theater and then move to the larger. Either way, I enjoyed peeking behind the curtain and experiencing a Klipsch pro-theater. Based on the sign-in sheet, it looks like a few of us took advantage of the complimentary movie later that night. Somehow we should all get a thank-you to the UA Theater... They also treated us to bagels and coffee! Can someone get the manager's email address?

Part 2

I can honestly say that many of us would have stayed at the Jazz Kitchen if we had Roger singing instead of the poetry lady. It was interesting at first, became funny for a bit, then went into just annoying... Some of us thought it was some kind of bizarre tolerance test and became disappointed when the kazoos on the table were fake. I don't want to be too critical But, based on the massive exodus, I'm not quite sure how many appreciated the artistry. Our waiter could hardly contain himself.

For those of you that missed Roger singing, I too will tell you that many a jaw dropped when he started! I can't wait to see how his room turns out once completed. (Roger, make sure you post some photos when you get this done.) He's got an awesome house and we all had a good time. Thanks again for sharing and for the hospitality!

I had a great weekend... can't cover all the details, but have certainly learned a bunch and I hope to get the chance to do this again next year!

Finally (for the Klipsch folks), I think many of us would love to see an outlet store or just the ability to purchase some shirts and stuff. I know I would have stuffed my trunk with a Pro-Media system and a pile of Klipsch Polos.

• Moderators

I was sorry I couldn't be there, too 8.gif

I was compelled to attend my youngest brother's high school graduation party. It only happens once, and it's amazing it happened at all!! 1.gif

I will look forward to next year...

I would also like to extend thanks to all the Klipsch staff that gave up their Saturday to show us around their awsome facility. You really get a sense that these guys really love what they do. And who wouldn't!!!

Please extend our thanks to the United Artists Theater staff as well.

I think it was good for my wife to come too, so that she can appreciate that I am not the only audio "nut" in the Northern Hemisphere. Hopefully this trip will ease the blow of any future Klipsch purchases. The THX Ultra system and the Khorns were the highlight products for me. My wife really enjoyed the THX Ultra system as well. It is nice to know that you can buy one piece at a time, or the whole enchilada if funds are favorable.

Indyklipschfan - I wish we could have made it to your house, but I really was not in the loop on that one.

Please also extend our thanks to the folks at the Jazz Kitchen - The food was really good and the music was good until the poetry lady started up. I feel a little bad that we left so early, but we just could not take her anymore.

See you all next year!

I would like to add another round of heart felt Thank Yous to all of the following:

The members of the Klipsch staff that spent a Saturday at work so we could wander around the lab and annoy them with questions.

Klipsch management for supporting the gathering, both financially and allowing the employees evolved to make the arrangements.

The folks at UA for welcoming us in and being so hospitable. The breakfast and free movies went above and beyond the call. (And the moves came in handy to many when the poetry lady showed up.)

The Comfort Inn for giving us a good price on the rooms then letting a bunch of odd-ball types runaround the place with a stereo system cranked up to 118db spl! (I still dont believe that didnt cause complaints!)

The Jazz Kitchen for feeding us such a wonderful meal and for booking the second act of the evening. (It was the Jeff Hamilton Trio and they were excellent!)

My fellow attendees, without whom the weekend would not have been anywhere near as much fun! It was fantastic to meet you all!