<OT> This will make you laugh....

InnovaZero

Look what I read today, this had me rolling...

~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~

Reviewed by: Shane, Audio Enthusiast

Price Paid: $1300 at Fort Wayne, IN

Product Model Year:

Summary:

I currently have a Klipsch KSW 12 and am fairly happy with it. It sounds great with my Bose 701 Series 2 front speakers. I like "lots" of bass so I thought I would try what most of the salesman at the local audio stores recommended. They said the RSW 15 would "blow" the KSW 12 away, so I bought one. I was "very" disappointed! It is not a musical sub at all. I never could get it to blend with my main speakers, no matter what settings or levels I tried. Even with the sub volume and receiver sub level turned down, the RSW 15 still drawed attention to itself quite a bit. A sub should blend in with your main speakers so you don't really know where the bass is coming from. I "always" could tell where the sub was at. It "did" have the ability to pound and vibrate things a little more than than KSW 12 but at a not so impressive sound quality. It actually took away alot of quality sound from my other speakers. For home theater, it performed better because its weaknesses weren't so noticable. It "will" rattle everything in your house if asked to do so. It has a little deeper and boomier bass than the KSW 12 but didn't sound as good for music or home theater. If both of these subs cost the same, I would honestly pick the KSW 12 over the RSW 15. If you are looking to buy a Klipsch sub, try this. Make the salesman put a KSW next to a RSW sub in the same corner of the room. You will probably notice that the KSW "holds it own" in a sound and bass comparison. The only people that will tell you otherwise is the sales people who more than likely work on commission! Listen to them at more than just one store if possible and make sure the subs you are comparing are set at near the same sub levels and settings on the back of the sub. The KSW subs are definitely under-rated!!!! I took the RSW 15 back within 5 days and got my money back. I am even more content with the KSW 12 now!

Strengths:

Will shake and rattle everything in the house!

Looks nice

Weaknesses:

Very large, heavy, not musical, overpriced, over-rated.

Similar Products Used:

KSW 12

Also have listened to many other subs at audio stores.

4.gif4.gif4.gif4.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif

LOL

What a fruitcake,does this comedian know he is making himself look like complete ignorant troll? Well if this "person" seriously thinks it is the case he is a brain dead and deaf clown.

RSW15 not musical and lesser than the KSW12! This is the best one yet

People like that should spend time behind bars to think before posting nonsense.

----------------

It has a little deeper and boomier bass than the KSW 12 but didn't sound as good for music or home theater

----------------

yikes. poor misguided soul. i had a ksw-12 with my first true home theatre setup (synergy rig w/ sf-2's, etc). it was a nice match for that line of speakers...but no need to waste time comparing it with the reference subs.

----------------

On 6/13/2004 7:57:51 PM Fish wrote:

This post was accurate,it did make me laugh.I can understand why the
rsw 15 drawed attention to itself when its the only thing with output.
----------------

LOL!!!

----------------

On 6/13/2004 6:05:37 PM from the article InnovaZero quoted:

I never could get it to blend with my main speakers, no matter what settings or levels I tried. Even with the sub volume and receiver sub level turned down, the RSW 15 still drawed attention to itself quite a bit.

----------------

Oh course it will. What do you think will happen if you set a gold bar next to a couple of piles of turd?!? 6.gif

Yeah, look at what that dude was trying to blend his RSW-15 with! Friggan Bose 701's! I've listened to the Bose 701s. The bass on those things were way boomy, and muddy. Now, he is trying to blend a good quality sub with clean, accurate bass to a pair of speakers with crappy, boomy, muddy bass. No friggan wonder the RSW-15 is going to draw attention to itself. Just as somebody else already mentioned - the only thing with real output in that system. I agree with what a couple others said - a sub like the KSW-12 would go good with a mediocre set of speakers such as the Bose 701's. Hell, in my opinion, the Klipsch Synergy SF-2s and especially the SF-3s are a much better speaker than the Bose 701s (and the SF-2s were cheaper and the SF-3s were around the same price per pair).

Ah yes, much comedy can be found when reading AudioReview.com. 11.gif

Let me tell you someting about Audioreview.com,the site is plagued by posts of ignorance and bouffon jokes that mislead those new to audio.

For example check out the piece of trash Sony WM40 sub reviews,most will give this boxy sounding boom box 5/5,a perfect score for a mediocre product.I would be ashamed to own such a POS.This sub was designed and was...optimised for the ghetto blaster crowd.With a one notey and droning boom this thing is as peaky as the Everest(the mountain,not the sub) itself.

If you try to tell the humanoids its a POS they start snorting and growling like some cursed deamons from hell.

You simply cannot throw a pearl among pigs,pigs love mud and muddy sound.

Or take for example the Krell "reviews" on AudioReview.com! What a pile of trash,the beggars who post could not afford one even if they sold a kidney and an arm,frustrated by thier social status these hocus bogus chumps whine how the Krell is not worth the money.These people never owned a Krell and probably never will unless they rob someone or hit the jackpot in a major lottery.

Bottom line,AudioReview.com is a worthless site with mumbo jumbo reviews,made by boombox owners(at 80%).

----------------

On 6/13/2004 7:41:35 PM TheEAR wrote:

LOL

What a fruitcake,does this comedian know he is making himself look like complete ignorant troll? Well if this "person" seriously thinks it is the case he is a brain dead and deaf clown.

RSW15 not musical and lesser than the KSW12! This is the best one yet

People like that should spend time behind bars to think before posting nonsense.

----------------

Uhhh. Fine the guy is obviously wrong. But it's not like it's anything important. We're talking about f@cking audio here guys. Don't forget that. Just because somebody is misinformed doesn't mean we have to kill him. Behind bars? Okay I know it's a joke but come on....

ADD THAT BIG FAT CRUNCH ONTO YOUR SYSTEM

Klipsch RSW15Bose.jpg

New! Klipsch Anti-vibration mats. Made with authentic BOSE 701 Speakers

and used with the RSW-15 youll get a completely flat response from any Bose system. Never worry again about your system sounding compressed.

Why? Because we've done all the work for you. 9.gif