What is the best sub for 300 probally used.

wheelman

We don't know what your main speakers are nor the size of the room

If you were to look at it from a different view point, you could get a used VTF-2 and use it a couple of years without a large depreciation, and upgrade if it isn't enough for you.

BTW, I've seen some Paradigm PW2200 sell used around here between 300$ and 400$... which may be a good alternative.

Rob

The new polks won't work. I love em the sound and everthing, but for some reason polk subs blow in my home. I had three to four of them just quit working. No other sub has done this. I had two of the new ten incher. With the bigger rubber surrounds and bigger amp. Believe it or not the model before that was better. It was tighter less flubby not that the new is real flubby, but the older one just sounded better musically. My room works well with 10's or 12 inchers. I may have to look into paradigm. They are good for music? My room is 22 by 12 sounds alot bigger than it is, but I sit real close to the sub and my system is on the long wall a bit right of the room. Thanks for any and all help. Also it is my living room so something stylish is a plus.

----------------

On 6/14/2004 7:00:01 PM wheelman wrote:

The new polks won't work. I love em the sound and everthing, but for some reason polk subs blow in my home. I had three to four of them just quit working. No other sub has done this. I had two of the new ten incher. With the bigger rubber surrounds and bigger amp. Believe it or not the model before that was better. It was tighter less flubby not that the new is real flubby, but the older one just sounded better musically. My room works well with 10's or 12 inchers. I may have to look into paradigm. They are good for music? My room is 22 by 12 sounds alot bigger than it is, but I sit real close to the sub and my system is on the long wall a bit right of the room. Thanks for any and all help. Also it is my living room so something stylish is a plus.

----------------

Thats really weird, I've heard nothing but good things about the Polks untill what you've said. I understand though, after so many negative experiences with a company, one does tend to lose faith.

----------------

On 6/15/2004 8:51:50 PM wheelman wrote:

How about a velodyne cht-12?

----------------

I have never heard the CHT-12 sub...

Check out FabulousFrankie's Tom Nousaine sub test list for some performance figures. The PW2200 nudges the CHT15 out and I just saw two of them in the paper, one for 300$US and the other for just a little less.

Later...

Rob

PS: i edited my post... sorry...

• 2 weeks later...

i really like my sub for the money. I paid 340 dollars NIB after shipping for my mtx sub15 off ebay. here is the link for it. it is still for sale on ebay. It is a really good sub for that amount of money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3275&item=5706330565&rd=1.cfm

here is the link to the manufatures website for more info

http://www.mtx.com/homeaudio/archive/indexsub.cfm

Ok maybe I will sell a guitar. So Fish you interested in a minty fresh PRS McCarty in McCarty burst with a nice flame top, but not a ten top ( I don't even dare touch this guitar it's to nice, my prs ce22 is a fret burner I will stick with that)? Ok guys I read the nht subs are pretty good. But i would have to go used on them. They look totally *****en to.

• 2 weeks later...