RB25 or 35

Foxman

Guys, I have the RF7 and RC 7 and am getting either the RB 25 or 35. Problem is I can get the Demo 25 cheap in Cherry or the 35 cheap in black. there is $180 differance between them and I prefer the Cherry. But, is it worth it to go ahead and get the 35's for rear channel multichannel music and surround HT?

----------------

On 6/16/2004 5:52:11 PM sb in SC wrote:

What finish do your 7's have? I would have to recommend the RB-35 as a better match than the RB-25, but it is hard to argue with the finish you want, and a cheaper price.

----------------

I have Cherry for the RF & RC 7.

If I use a sub wouldnt the bass be redirected to it instead of the rear channel anyway, eliminating the benefit of the bigger woofer on the 35?

the bass your sub should be playing should not cross over with the rb-25/35 speakers anyway...neither of those can play low enough to matter. your crossover should take care of that problem.

i just picked up a pair of rb-25's to go with my rf-7's/rc-7 but haven't hooked them up yet. i had to go with 25's because of space limitations...but i am 80% movies so they should be fine.

The 35's have a better (larger) horn. They sound smoother and cleaner. My brother-in-law is looking into these speakers as well and we did some extensive listening on both. The 35's are a significantly better speaker, and not just in the bass category. Especially since you are looking to run these with your 7's, I'd say sonically, the 35's are the only way to go, but aesthetically the 25's would be the better match.