La Scala

EDR

I recently got a Yamaha 6 channel, and I gotta say I like it.

There is a certain "thin-ness" to the bass end-o-things, but it is extremely clear and precise sounding. That's not to say that there is no bass, it just is not exagerated at all. Hard to explain.

I don't think that you could go wrong with a Yammie, but bear in mind that La Scala's tend to drop off on the low end and combined with a Yammie, you might really notice it.

Get one after you get the LS's and if you don't like it, take it back. You'll probably like it.

DM2.gif

Hello:

After owning LaScalas, the HK-430 will do. Other good receivers would be Denon, Vintage Marantz.

As far as frying speakers, a ten (10) watt amp driven to clipping and or distortion can put out many times those ten (10) watts at certain frequencies and fry your speakers.

With Klipsch not a whole lot of power is needed and LaScalas have a long throw so that they will do well.

Your basic receiver has a tuner, a pre-amp and amplifier all on one chassis.

An Integrated Amplifier has the pre-amp and amplifier - no tuner.

As noted above, the longer the distance the speakers are from your source, the thicker the cable should be.

dodger

Thanks for all the input everyone. My ex brother inlaw bought a new pair of k horns back in 85 and I had never heard anything like them in my life. Always wanted a pair and now that i have the money putting them in the house is out because of my kids and my shop is not right for the k horns. I cant wait for the scalas to get here. I just bought them off ebay. The tags are on the back but I did not print a pic. Type AA I saw clearly and numbers are consecutive. They are in good shape appearance wise.They have to sound better then my small sony speakers Ive had for the last 13 years. If they are even close to the k horns I will be tickeld.

I got in a little bit of a hurry, maybe a bad move hope not though. I bought a new yamaha HTR-5740. If it is a little light on the bass would a new woofer in between make much differance? I need to hear the speakers I guess. What someone els considers not enough low thump may be more then I like. Im chomping at the bit waiting for the speakers to get here.

You will love your La Scala's I am sure. I have had mine for 20 years; they will have to be pried from my cold dead hands to get them away fro me. La Scala's don't dig hard and low like Cornwalls or some of the Reference stuff but they do produce substantial accurate musical bass. Hold off on any possible bass augmentation until you hear them. For a HT set up they do need some reinforcement to produce some of the deep cinematic bass on movie tracks but a SVS sub should augment them nicely if you decide to go that route. Congrats and enjoy9.gif

j.4knee Thanks. Im sure I will enjoy them be it a tube amp or the yamaha. I havent been able to listen to my old sony speakers for about five years now, since the kids were born and now with a shop to put the la scalas in and a tv all I need is an easy chair and that should round things out nicely. I dont have anyone that lives within 10 acres of me so I might get to crank them up a little and the shop is insulated so if I keep the doors closed maybe no complaints.1.gif

Thanks again. I have listend to them all afternoon. They make the 50 by 70 foot shop seem small. Such a big sound, I cant get enough but I did get a headach. My mom who is 70 years old came over to listen was amazed at the life like sound. She had me crank it up loud when I played willie nelson and belive it or not ac dc also.

Yep, LaScalas are fantastic speakers. they really sound great. I DO have neighbours, and I can tell you they enjoy the sound as much as I do...lol9.gif

Chances are you'll never sell them. the day you'll need deeper bass, just buy a (good!) big sub. until then, enjoy!! And keep browsing the Klipsch forum.2.gif