Heresy Opinions?

Jo-Jo

Jo-Jo,

I bught my Heresys new in '77, I got them for 1/2 price because some guy ordered them in a non-standard finish, he put 1/2 down and never came back to get them. They were my first "decent" pair of speakers and I think they may be the last ones I get rid of Smile.gif. They are still in mint condition despite many moves around the country and they serve me well in my computer room being driven by a Sansui AU-717 amp/TU-717 tuner combo.

I love them cwm38.gif!

Sorry, but good luck in your pursuit Smile.gif (the hunt is half the fun you know...) Wink.gif

------------------

Ed W

Jo-Jo,

When it comes to heavy speakers, I would recommend you look for something locally. You will save a significant amount on shipping, and you also won't have to worry about shipping damage. You can find what you want locally (or at least within driving distance), you just have to look for them.

Jo-Jo,

JMON gives good advice. I have had two previously unblemished sets of speakers damaged in shipment, from only one or two states away. The Alaska trip almost ensures they will be harmed in some way when in shipment. If you do decide to ship them, be sure to insure them for enough to replace them if they are crushed, smashed, rolled, and kicked across the country. Smile.gif

Speed

------------------

Klipsch Chorus I Fronts

Klipsch KLF-C7 Center

Klipsch Heresy I Surrounds

Mitsubishi WS-55807 55" HDTV

Well, I dropped the deal with the guy in Alaska because he decided to up the price when he FINALLY got back to me. Then, the second guy decided not to sell his Heresys, so now I'm stuck. cwm36.gif The second guy has a pair of Heresy IIs, but I'm just not inclined to spend as much on them; am I wrong? There's a pair of Heresy IIs on ebay, but there's no buy now feature, and the speakers are already at $550. Frown.gifFrown.gif If anyone spots some cheap but decent Klipsch speakers anywhere, let me know. Around here I'm just not lucky enough to find a pair at a garage sale.

This message has been edited by Jo-Jo on 07-21-2001 at 03:12 PM

Good for you! I think you made the right decision on not buying the Alaska speakers. I'll keep my eyeballs peeled for anything up here in upstate NY--sorry, I just bought a killer pair of 1980 Heresy Ones last weekcwm11.gif

Now, as far as the differences between the Ones and the Twos, this is something I wanna find out myself, cause if these woofers ever want to blow, I wanna know if it's better to get another K-22 (Heresy I) or a K-24-K (Heresy II)???

In terms of quality of construction, IMHO the Ones are MUCH better than the Twos. The Ones are all plywood, screws and the squawker horn is steel. The Twos are mostly MDF (like all other non-Heritage models) and the squawker is plastic. Who knows? Maybe the Two is better, but the Ones are built like tanks, and are eighteen pounds heavier!

Are you in a remote area? I would locate the K dealers nearest you, find out if they peddle used gear, then ask them to call you as soon as they see a pair roll into their store! I'm sure they'll call. They love moving merchandise! Call as many K stores that you consider a reasonable distance to drive--hell, check to see if they have websites, and email them with the same question!

Keep on pluggin' and don't give up! There's a pair of Heresys out there with yer name on 'em!Smash.gif

Thanks Mr. Blorry! Smile.gif I tried to find a website for the place in Arlington, and I got something about schizophrenia. But, I found the website for Sound Idea. They aren't open Sundays, but I'll call them this week and check prices because their Klipsch link just leads to this Klipsch site. I'm thinking they won't be very different though.

Eww... yeah, I'd rather stay away from far northern states, if I can help it (also Canada). Shipping normally runs higher, and I don't want to end up paying like $600 total; then I might as well have bought some speakers new. I'm putting my little search on hold cause I'm now considering a deal with a fellow Klipsch forum person. All I can do is hope cwm4.gif.

*Crosses fingers*

This message has been edited by Jo-Jo on 07-25-2001 at 02:41 PM

Living in Canada, I've had to purchase from the USA using Ebay due to the larger availability of items listed there. This despite the exchange rate and shipping costs. Currently I have pair of Heresy's on route from California to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (yes that's correct SASKATOON Smile.gif Laugh on. The Fedex charge was $80 and UPS only $56. Based on these prices, which included insurance, I don't see shipping as a major drawback. My option is to order a new one from the local dealer for a price of about $850 Canadian plus applicable taxes. OUCH!! I know the heritage speakers are as good or better than the new ones so paying a good buck for a 70's or 80's vintage Klipsch heresy in good working order is NO problem for me. Those unfarmiliar with Klipsch look at me sideways when I tell them what I paid for a 20 or 25 year old speaker. I want to see their jaw drop when they hear the majic of a Marantz SR 8000 driving 3 Heresys and Two vintage Cornwalls. Boy they're sweet!!! KLIPSCH RULES

"Moose Jaw saw a few, Moosomin too"

"Runnin' back to Saskatoon"

Man, that is my all-time favorite Guess Who song! I was actually looking around at some Saskatoon websites today, wondering if it is as boring as I've heard!! Seems to me like it's a really nice and beautiful place--a perfect place to BLAST music! Course, I know it gets cold in the winter--I know cold too--I live in the snowbelt!

Sorry, Jojo--just had to interject!cwm41.gif

That Guess Who song was from a live album they did in 1972, which also has a killer version of "American Woman." "Runnin Back to Saskatoon" has ended up being my all-time favorite Guess Who song. I don't think there's a studio version, but that live version is on some of their newer Greatest Hits CDs. I guess I wasn't the only one who liked the song!

JoJo-- check yer private message if you haven't already! Beautiful Heresys for sale in DFW!cwm35.gif