Bridging the binding posts

jephdood

On speakers with two pairs of binding posts (just about ALL speakers these days), are the factory metal strips connecting the two positives and two negatives to each other for single wire configuration.. adequate? Or is it maybe better for some reason to remove them and join the two using high quality speaker wire? I've heard both opinions on this, but I can't imagine it would make any difference.

Hi,

IMHO I think that the difference may be 'unheard' and I cast doubt on the demonstration of the technical attributes, unless of course the cable or connectors are rusted or broken. I have tried on various speakers and have not noticed any diff. On last testing my ears, for my age, they are suppose to be super sensitive and (fortunately or unfortunately) I hear like a 24 year old but I don't seem to get the things I remember getting when I was 24! My hearing must be the trade for memory! What may improve the resistance, capacitance or inductance is the interconnects you use or the wiring in the speaker.

Cheers

It's always been a point of contention with me. You are encouraged by the hi-fi industry to spend many $$$$$ on exotic speaker cable/interconnects and inside the speaker boxes/amplifiers etc, manufacturers use low cost hookup wire. This is not to say that I disagree with using good quality cable, I just think that if we wish to upgrade our cable, perhaps we need to check inside our equipment and ensure this cable is also up to scratch. I also think blanket cable interconnect recomendation can be detrimental to good sound. Certain cable/interconnect combinations may work in one system but not work in others. Woop's, this soap box is too high, I need to get off.