Beyma CP25: first listen

----------------

On 6/29/2004 8:19:19 AM TBrennan wrote:

You guys are buying Beymas from Belgium? Image Communications in Rockford Illinois sells them as of my last Image catalog.

----------------

Tom, i actually LIVE in belgium, that's why i buy my stuff in... here. lol3.gif

"You can contact Image Communications at 1-800-552-1639 ext. 4242 and ask

for Sandy."

I found the statement above in an old audio text file on my PC. Don't know where I copied it from.

I called the number tonight and DJK is correct; Image has consolidated with another company. The phone answers under the new name but they may still provide Beyma support/products.

Further listening impressions: the most amazing thing about the CP 25 is the way it actually lets you hear more of the music. With the K77, you sometimes get the impression the duty of the tweeter is just to add some brightness and "tizz" to the sound. With the CP25, you suddenly hear the tweeter has a very important role and reproduces a great part of the "informative" range of the sound.

It almost feels like it has twice the CP25 bandwith and actually reproduces some mid frequencies as well; wich isn't the case of course, it's just better articulated and doesn't sound like "just treble".

Frankly, it's a HUGE improvement for not much money.

I guess the point is dean that after hearing k-horns with the beyma or jbl tweeters the original tweeter sound tizzy, it is a comparison thing...like not noticing that after six months of driving your chevy venture is a veritable maraca until your drive a mazda mpv...regards, tony