Got My New Forte II's Today

tommy499

Got them off E-Bay.....for under $400.00 Too bad seller didn't pack them properly. 3 out of the 4 front corners were smashed. The bases will also need some work. I offered to pay extra to have them professionally packed...he declined. Well, at least they sound great!!!! I guess it is still a good deal. I have a pair of Heresy II's arriving tomorrow. I hope UPS doesn't strike again!! Beware of E-Bay puchases.

Good score! I paid $450 for my Forte 1s, they were in great shape until the car they were in was hit by a drunk driver and the grill and edges of the speakers were damaged. I am listening to mine right now and I love them! Great speakers. They don't get the credit they deserve but we know how great they sound right? 2.gif

Actually the Fortes are recognized for being a great speaker. Well, at least by the users. Check out the Fortes on Audioreview.com with 158 reviews with and an average rating of 4.92 out of a possible 5, its at the top of the list.

I do put stock in things like Audioreview.com. Joe Schmo and gettin' his palms greased. Who knows who schmoozes who or who is comping who at Stereophile or Consumer reports, etc.

Congrats on your purchase!

Your shipping story makes me nervous though...I just landed a pair of "mint" Forte I's and they are on their way across the continent by UPS!!

THe seller is a professional outfit that claim they pack well and do this all the time, but after hearing your story...

Can't wait to hear these though!