Thanks, Trey! Forum is running much quicker now! NT

Cleve

----------------

On 7/8/2004 11:35:38 AM cluless wrote:

hamster3.jpg

----------------

That was great, Cluless! 9.gif9.gif9.gif

It seemed like my pronouncement of 'good forum health' actually cursed the darn thing! Before I could even reply, the forum crashed for a couple days!

Oh well, everything 'seems' good now. I'll keep my fingers crossed this time, throw salt over my shoulder, and rub a lucky hamster foot or two! 2.gif

----------------

On 7/9/2004 9:57:28 AM Trey Cannon wrote:

It was not me...Our MIS dept has been working very hard to get things going again.

----------------

Hey, that's not the normal way things are done in the business world. Standard Operating Procedure is for The Management to take full credit, at every possible opportunity, for things they had little, if any, involvement in. 2.gif2.gif2.gif

Well, whomever is responsible, thank them for me, and thanks being honest. 1.gif

I still can't search and it takes awhile to load a page still. I've logged on from multiple machines from our T1 at work to my cable modem at home over eth past couple of weeks and things a still running pretty slow and time outs, performance is some better but there still are some issues to resolve regarding the search option. But as always thanks for the effort we know you guys have you hands full.

Edit: Now things including the search function seem to be moving rather swiftly. Nicely done folks. I know its been a lot of work to get this done. Thanks for a job well done.

Edit 2: One issue still with the search function maybe its me: If I click the search icon on the top of the page and enter "La Scala" for Search words, choose "Home Audio", click "Search Subject" the click "Search" I get nothing, is there no way to do a "generic search o a topic with looking in a specific forum. It works if I select say "Updates and Mods" but not on just select the Home Audio.

Edit 3: It was just me!

----------------

On 7/13/2004 4:17:48 PM J.4knee wrote:

Edit: Now things including the search function seem to be moving rather swiftly. Nicely done folks. I know it’s been a lot of work to get this done. Thanks for a job well done.

Edit 2: One issue still with the search function maybe its me: If I click the search icon on the top of the page and enter "La Scala" for Search words, choose "Home Audio", click "Search Subject" the click "Search" I get nothing, is there no way to do a "generic” search o a topic with looking in a specific forum. It works if I select say "Updates and Mods" but not on just select the Home Audio.

----------------

If all you're looking to do is search the subject, then use the Search box at the top of each page. You'll get every post from every forum where the words "La Scala" are in the subject.

Unfortunately, for a complex search, including the message body, you have to search each individual forum. That's nothing new - it's been like that since I joined last December.

Jim