got the rcx-4

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

svs wont, thoes sats are pretty good damn loud. But thoes two subs i have now are just want i want. I dont want to add more bass yet. I'm going to upgrade my picture next with a projector.

if i get another sub it will be a SVS.

----------------

On 7/22/2004 9:29:15 AM Swerv wrote:

SVS subs could probably drown out alot of speakers except maybe klipschorns lol...
:P

----------------

hmmm klipschorns and svs don't really go together as most 2 channel forum people rather just use the klipschorns without a subwoofer.

no, you need a sub for sure, they are still sats. But they do have a lot more bass than promedia sats which makes for an more open sounded speaker. But yes, thoes sats do goto 70hrz without dropping off too much.

I have to say 007, that looks pretty damn sweet. You got a really really nice 5.1 system for your computer. Go and buy doom3 or something when it comes out and blast it ;)

Now i realize what I lost when i sold my 5.1's, but i still have no regrets. When i get my sub + these rb-25's on my nice nice HK vintage amp, it'll simply blow the ultra's away in the music category. Right now I'm just working on high-fi stereo. RB-25's with either a Hsu STF-2 sub or a Klipsch RW-10.

they are hooked up to the ultra sub. This is my primary system for movies, games and music. I run the speakers off a ddts-100. Im still hoping kipsch make a newer decoder, i would upgrade in a heart beat.

actually the rsx-5's sound a lot better than the rcx-4 for music, so right now i either listen in stereo mode or i do neo:6 with teh center turns down a bit. Perhaps its still not broken in. But for movies, the center really make the whole thing work. Without that speaker movies are crap. I was watching x=men last night with the wolverine #1 mounted on the wall right behind my screen =)

i'll take some pics of my new set up. It took me awhile to set this all up because i built a custom glass shelf above my glass desk for my monitor so i could put my center below my screen and not above it.

911, I spent about $650 on the speakers, they are hooked up directly to the ultra and its completely safe.

Well, I ran into a few complications. To get the height I wanted I had to hold out the desk about 5" from the wall in order to get the brackets I got low enough. Otherwise my monitor was too high. I got the 9 dollar brackets from home depot. They can support a crap load of weight and I used a glass top that I already had. Otherwise I would have to get one made which was going to be about 80 bucks (I got a quote for some 3/8 think glass with a bevel). I bondo'ed the screw holes at the top of the brackets because the glass did not need to be screwed down, it simply sat on rubber pads. I then sanded and painted the brackets black (they were white) and mounted them to two studs with three 5/8" by 2.5" lag bolts. You need a level to do this. I then stuck some rubber pads on the top of the brackets and laid my glass top on it. It fit perfect. The shelf is very study, im sure I can even stand on it even with my monitor on it too. This was one of my concerts because I disliked putted my big screen on my desk. The weight of the glass below + that big screen was too much for that big piece of glass on my desk.

From the top of my desk to the bottom of the glass shelf is exactly 8 and 1/8 inches. Just enough room for my RCX but not too high for my eyes to have to look up. If I look straight ahead I see the top 3/4 of the screen and thats about where I like my monitor. I had to take the bass stand off it to get it low enough tho. If you get different brackets you might not have to hold out your desk from the wall. Also it helps to know how to patch walls because if you mess up you will have to fix the wall and its not fun.

All in all, the brackets and bolts were about 20 bucks, the paint was 5 bucks and you get get bondo for about 5 bucks too (if you even need it) I also used an electric sander, drill, level and socket set to screw in the lag bolts. If you have the had the glass made you can get that for 80 or less im sure. This glass is 18 by 26. However I would recommend 20x26 if you use the same brackets I did.

newdesk2.jpg