got the rcx-4

I must admit, I was dissatisfied initially.

Not with the quality of the sound, but rather the quality of the speakers. This is my 6th RSX speaker and including this one, 3 of them do not balance correctly on their foot pod. They wobble back and fourth. When I opened up this speaker I was praying that it would be a balanced one, but it was not and I let out a very big sigh. I think it will call up the parts department and ask for some new stands. I only need the cast ring plastic part. Its very cheap and they ought to just give them to me. But I will pay for em. Aside from that the speaker is everything I wanted it to be. Im just glad to complete my RSX-Ultra upgrade. For as much money as it was, it was still a lot less then component considering I already had the ultras. I cant wait to watch some LOTR with a real center speaker now!

Overall my only complaint is the quality control problem but the sound out of these babies is remarkable and surprisingly enough they work great with the ultra amp.

Ill post some pics in a bit.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good job with the entire rsx upgrade! the only thing i know is certain in audio is that you can never say that you are "done" or "completed"... you will find newer and better things to move onto. for now, enjoy your system 007! i know you have come a long way since you first came onto this forum..

u may have beaten me in sheer posts... but my very Polkie computer speaker system (and computer) still womps on yours... heheheheh... jk man! 9.gif9.gif9.gif

----------------

On 7/20/2004 2:42:55 PM Makaveli wrote:

how do you like those reference satts guys? they look VERY cool. are they up to par with lets say some good bookselves?

----------------

sats are not quite bookshelfs, they dont give as much sound stage nor bass, however they still retain many sound quality features from the larger book's, yet remain small enough to be considered a sat. The rsx's are awesome. They look every bit as cool in real life as they do on that website. And let me be the first to say that they sound a lot bigger than they look.

While toying around in good guys the other day I got to test out a lot of the new sat including the new mirage ambiant speakers, some other brand i forgot that makes these speakers that look like balls, bose(lol) and others. The RSX's were still were the best as far as I could tell.

----------------

On 7/20/2004 1:43:55 AM pinipig523 wrote:

good job with the entire rsx upgrade! the only thing i know is certain in audio is that you can never say that you are "done" or "completed"... you will find newer and better things to move onto. for now, enjoy your system 007! i know you have come a long way since you first came onto this forum..

u may have beaten me in sheer posts... but my very Polkie computer speaker system (and computer) still womps on yours... heheheheh... jk man!
9.gif9.gif9.gif

----------------

I'm getting there, This is just my first system. I'm sure my component system will be just as good as yours when i start to build it. I'm prolly gonna do RX-7 with a big SVS.

ill take some pics now. i just watched some new 007 movies with my new 5.1 and it was great! the center makes all the difference. But i was amazed how the bass kept up and then i remember i had that extra SWS. But then later on the same day i was moving stuff around and found the SWS was again unpluged and i forgot the plug it in so it was off the entire time. The ultra sub still impresses me. I dont even need the sws, but with the SWS its almost too damn much. Now yo know why i had to upgrade sats.

If i had to do it all over i would have got the same ****, 4's work great for rear (there is no reason for 5's) but the 5's give a lil mroe bass and sound stange for music, and since i listen to music in stereo the 5's worked nicely. They also got a louder with less strain but overall they sound the same. Buyt if really want to know how louad the 5's go, I would say about as loud at 10 ultra sats. with much better midrange and much much much better high's

Yeah the Altec's material is called prolypropene or something they are quality wise probably worlds away. Hey 007 do those 4's and 5's sound good near fielded? Like let's say your sitting only about a feet or two away. Or do you have to be a good distance away since the drivers look pretty huge?