THX Ultra II System - A Reference Standard

rmlowz

Audio/Video has been a life long hobby of mine and I have had a variety of mid to hi-fi systems in my home over the years. The bass is nothing short of phenomenal. My last 2 subwoofers have been Velodynes - HGS-18II and DD-15 and the Klipsch simply blows them away.

The verdict is still out on musicality, but for movies this is the best system I've ever had, bar none. I highly recommend this system for anyone that has a dedicated theater and likes it LOUD!

• Klipsch Employees

Welcome and thank you for the kind words...

If you ever have any problems let your dealer and Me know...I worked on that product and would like to know if any problem come up...

With over 100 systems out there, I have heard of only one tweeter bad...nothing else. that speaker was at a dealers show room and hooked to a 300 W/ch amp...

everything had limits...

I have the sub in my HT and I could not agree with you more.

Man oh Man! I recently heard the Ultra 2 system at a local HT shop powered by Aragon seperates. I have heard a number of systems (that I can't afford, but can appreciate) and this once was SPECTACULAR! it sounded pristine in ever way an audio system could. Cheers to anyone who took part in the development of it!

----------------

On 7/28/2004 4:31:30 PM rmlowz wrote:

Audio/Video has been a life long hobby of mine and I have had a variety of mid to hi-fi systems in my home over the years. The bass is nothing short of phenomenal. My last 2 subwoofers have been Velodynes - HGS-18II and DD-15 and the Klipsch simply blows them away.

The verdict is still out on musicality, but for movies this is the best system I've ever had, bar none
. I highly recommend this system for anyone that has a dedicated theater and likes it LOUD!
----------------

I agree. I have heard the THX system a few times and love what it does for movies. Musically, I think my RF-7s are better.

David

----------------

On 7/28/2004 10:09:06 PM Trey Cannon wrote:

I have the sub in my HT and I could not agree with you more.
----------------

Trey-It seems that I saw one of your posts where you provide the MSRP pricing for the THX system. Would you post that again in this thread as I am considering swapping my RSW-15 for one (or two) of the THX subs. If possible, provide the prices for the individual components (i.e. per sub and amp).

I've also been wondering why Klipsch elected to go with only the Galaxy Black for the THX system. Have you heard anything on the introduction of other enclosures at some time in the future?

Thanks,

David

Hello,

I plan on at least a 100 hr break in period before I get serious on music. I am one that believes in a break in period. I guess I am old fashioned because I really only like two channel music, Nora Jones last night sounded like she was right there in front of the screen. I do not have a digital camera for the one that wanted pictures maybe someday.

Take Care,

rmlowz

The demo we were given of the Ultra II in Klipsch HQ was astounding - enough so that when my showroom finally comes into being, I plan to talk Reference series to Eric for one reason only - to get Ultra II alongside my Heritage...

Good to know people are having similar experiences in their home applications. Just reinforces my confidence in the sellability of the system.

• Klipsch Employees

The system runs about $10k in the 7.1 setup.

We went black due to the custom install guys.

There will be no other finish for this system...

true, by theirself they do not keep up with the RF-7 due to the "punch" and low end of the 7's. But the subs are so quick they do a very good job with music.

• 2 months later...