RF-35's vs. RF-7's

kenratboy

Hopefully, in a month or so, I should be in the position to buy anything I want in the Reference line, including the subwoofers. I am thinking about what floorstanders I want to buy. I am leaning towards the RF-35's due to cost, but knowing they are hardly slackers. Also, I might be picking up a Denon 2805 or the like to drive them, so the RF-7's migh be pushing budget wise.

So, do you think RF-35's would do their job in a 13' X 13' room? 2.gif

Grrr, I hate you all 9.gif

I'll know some prices soon (hopefully in a month, but it could be longer)

So, what would the peak SPL be on a pair of RF-7's in my little room?

Would a Denon 2805 be fine to drive them? I think the answer is yes.

I'm saving paychecks (and have been) so when we get this stuff, I can start to buy it. I think I'll pass on the Martin Logan's, McIntosh's, and Vienna Acoustics stuff, those are WAY out of my range, and I want something that I can rock out with 3.gif

----------------

On 7/29/2004 8:02:38 PM kenratboy wrote:

Can someone post some real-world pictures of the RF-7's? Grill off with something for scale?

Also, pictures of the speakers in black would be great!

----------------

Here is the front of my HT setup, with the RF-7s. To get an idea of the size, that is a 32-inch Sharp TV. The immediate area where the HT is setup is about 14 x 15 feet. Although the grills are not off in this picture.

ssk-sys-front.jpg

This is a picture of an RF-5 next to an RF-7. Also to add, that is a REL Storm III subwoofer behind the two speakers (in a very lovely cherry finish).

rf5-rf7.jpg

Not only in overall size but also in weight. My old RF-3s seem like lightweights since they weigh in about sixty pounds (similar to the RF-5s).

However, the RF-7s weigh in at more than ninety pounds. I learned that the hard way when I swapped out my RF-3s for RF-7s downstairs at my house (without a walkout entrance/exit).

Go with the RF-7s, you will not regret it.

Carl.