Forte II passive repair - not a tear

I was listening to my beloved Forte II's this morning and I heard some buzzing from one of my speakers. At first I just thought it was my blinds rattling from the bass, but upon investigation I found that the passive radiator was coming unglued from the metal surround. About 1/4 of the total circumference is unglued. The repair seems rather simple to me...just reglue it. I was just looking for some suggestions on the type of glue I should use or any tips on how I could get the glue evenly on the unglued surface where it will seal completely. It going to be kinda hard to get the glue where I need it from either side (front or back). Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!!

Check out the forum moderators. Trey Canon is the man with the answers and you should be able to contact him by e-mail. Otherwise, call parts at 1800KLIPSCH.

My guess is that the very fluid form of superglue (not the gell) is one answer. You'll have to put the beast back side up and find a way of holding the piece in place without getting the holder stuck on there.

Gil

I once used superglue to make such a repair to an a/d/s/ 8" woofer. The woofer was removed from the enclosure, and I used a lot of clamps to keep pressure all around the surround while the glue dried. I really haven't used that woofer (other than a 5 minute test) since the repair though. With Forte PRs hard to come by, I'd email Trey Cannon to see what he says.

My Forte II's did the same thing. I took the passives to a local speaker repair shop and they replaced the rings that connect the woofer to the metal surround. The whole rings were replaced but I havent a clue what kind of glue they use for such a task. I didnt argue with them on just regluing the old surrounds since they charged me only $30, I let them totally replace them.

Bob