Need an Online Dealer (local dealer sold me some duds)

Prophecy1

Well if you have read my last 2 posts you will see that yesterday I purchased some R-15's and 1 was busted. Soooooo I took them both back today and the dealer said he didnt have any more in and he wasnt ordering any soon. (Ovation in town never been to keen on Klipsch you gotta bribe a salesmen to demo :P)

Klipsch should start bribing salesmen :P

Anyhoo

So now I have to find a dealer on-line who will ship me some RF-15's or Better.

Any suggestions.

Check out Kief's at kiefs.com.Bought my RF-35s,RB-35s,RC-35 and and RW12 from them for about two grand(shipping and taxes included).Seemed like a pretty good deal and they are an authorized dealer of Klipsch.Ask for Ed Hawkins or Allison-extremely nice people-Only draw back is that they are in Lawrence,Kansas.Tell them that Jack from Monticello,KY sent you!

Prof,

Try this Ovation dealer in Indy. Ask for Greg.......hell even your dealer can call him and get stuff shipped from Indy's stock..........Make them work for you! Call Indy and ask for Greg......

OVATION

4270 W 38TH STREET

INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46254

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

PHONE: 317-299-9877

www.ovation-av.com

BAHHHHHHHHH,

This horriable. So I returned the speakers today and went to hook up my old. Guess what? Channel is gone in reciever. Nothing is coming outta the right front of my Pioneer VSX D810s.

The agony, the pain the bad luck.... I feel soo stupid cause I returned the Speakers and now I find out its not the speaks but the reciever. Whats weird is the channel must have blown when I was testing out the speaks..

Man I dont know if I should get it repaired or find a new reciever. I like pioneer but the elites are soo high and Im looking at Denon but its hard to choose what to do.

Proph

Greg or Bob at Ovation, Castleton SQ store. Look at the above address and number. Both Greg and Bob are Klipsch owners in their house.

Ovation might be one if not THE biggest Klipsch fanatical store chain in the USA. (Ref Stuff) I am sorry this has happened and this has been your feelings too. I assure you it is not the case here in Indy or perhaps at other Ovation stores.

http://www.ovation-av.com/ov2000/contact.htm

I have no conection to Ovation, I just know them as good guys is all.

I cant stand good guys. They always give me dirty looks and ask all kinds of questions when I return anything. I have only returned two speakers, but both were defective and both times they tried to tell me it was "ok". In fact the second time the guy said, "they are just like that" and there is nothing he could do. I said "ok, lets go look at your display model" Sure enough it was fine which only proved mine was defective. So he went in the back to look for a new speaker for me. But I had told him about 5 time maybe more that I dont need a new speaker, I just need to swap the defective part off your display model. It was like some plastic piece very easy to swap. Anyway he never responded until he came back 30 freaking mins later and told me they dont have anymore. I said did you not hear a thing I said? I **** you not I watched 1/2 of Independence Day and I got so engrossed in it, I just stayed in the store to watch the end after the fact. But he told me he could not spaw anything off the display model for some stupid reason. I said look, your display speaker has got 6 scratches, the grill is ripped, the dust cap is dented, and the binding post in the back is stripped off. (I feel bad for display speakers). I told him there is no way you could sell this even if you wanted to, You're gonna have to throw it away and the piece I need to swap is nothing compared to the damage. He said no and I had to leave the store with my old speaker. I wanted to kick his *** so hard. This is what I get for buying from an authorized dealer? I have to go through that if I have a problem? Hell I just assume buy online from an unauthorized dealer and live with it. At least I didnt pay full price. And this happened twice, from two different good guys so I know its not just that store.

----------------

On 8/5/2004 6:18:33 AM 007 wrote:

This is what I get for buying from an authorized dealer? I have to go through that if I have a problem? Hell I just assume buy online from an unauthorized dealer and live with it.

----------------

Unfortunatly, just because they are authorized dealer's doesn't make them smart, honest, or even customer friendly. Klipsch has not been known for making sterling choices of it's authorized dealer's in the past. They seem to be getting a bit better, however.

Dude, you're having a run of bad luck!! I would look into a new receiver (I'm sure some new technology has come along since you bought the older one). Denons are great units, and I love my Marantz. Hang in there, it'll be worth it when all is said and done.

John

Oh and by the way the Heresy is STILL in production, it is just a Heresy II which has been in production since 1985, the Heresy since around 1959. I seriously doubt that the plastic and vinyl stuff being produced today will have that kind of longevity.

Yah the Hershesy 2 dont look like the speaker for me..

Anyhoo

Ovation from Lexington called me today and apologized about the speakers and did say they tested them and sent them back to klipsch. Pretty nice of them, Explained to them the situation Im in without a reciever and they said they would call me if they could work anything out to help me out.

So we will see. Right now Im shopping for either a Pioneer or Denon Reciever. I called Authorized Pioneer repair and they said it would be anywhere from 70-150 for the reciever repair.

Proph

----------------

On 8/6/2004 4:45:14 PM Prophecy1 wrote:

Im now looking for this model Pioneer: VSX-2012-K nobody locally has it yet. Also Goodboys.com doesnt have it? We dont ahve that locally.

We have circuit city, bestbuy, hhgreg, ovaition and some place called piretts.

Thanks

Proph

----------------

Do yourself a favor and get out of the Pioneer low-end. Their QC in that range is crap. I'm frankly not very surprised that your VSX-810 crapped out a mere two years after production date. As with any piece of equipment, you're going to get what you pay for, and $400 doesn't buy much in a head unit when you consider that said head unit contains amplifiers, DSP, D/A conversion, and video routing. At some point something has to give. Skip the repair and squirrel away some cash if you have to, and save up for a good stout receiver in the $800-1000 range by Denon, Marantz, Harmon Kardon - you'll be blown away by the difference in sound quality, and whichever you choose will likely keep you happy for at least as long as it takes for you to save up for the next upgrade.

Griff,

VSX-2012K

You make a great point in most cases you get what you paid for. Ive done research and this reciever is the same as an particlar elite model. The Pioneer Elite 45tx.

Also I honestly believe that my reciever didnt just blow I think something was wrong with the klipsches and caused the reciever to go.

A pro TECH told me that its possible that something like a crossover could have been mismatched in the speaker and just overloaded my receiver or something.

I know I hooked it up correctly, I ve done it a million times and checked it 2 times. Ontop of that my method is pretty simple.

Bottom Line is I think a bad pair of klipsch speaks killed my reciever :( and I cant afford an elite model or a nice denon so thats the boat Im in. Hell RF-15's were 500 dollars and I got over 30% discount on the pair because of affiliations with the store.

Thanks though

----------------

On 8/7/2004 2:53:03 AM Prophecy1 wrote:

You make a great point in most cases you get what you paid for. Ive done research and this reciever is the same as an particlar elite model. The Pioneer Elite 45tx.

Thanks though

----------------

The key is, where was the Elite manufactured vs. where the TX was manufactured. Typically this makes all the difference in QC.

How much is the TX you're looking at? If it's in the $800 range, you can definitely afford a nice Denon for that price.