King of Rebuilds

Istari

Just hooked up my rebuilt Scott 222 to my Klipschorns tonight.

All I have to say is "All Hail to the King of Rebuilds, NOS VALVES (Craig)!!!!!

I dropped the Scott 222 and an EICO ST 70 for refurb at Craig's a few weeks ago when I was in the area and picked them up on the way out of Michigan yesterday.

My main objective was to have the EICO ST 70 rebuilt so I could have the powered derived center channel for my Belle center channel.

While I was at it I also had him take a look at a couple of other items I had won on E-bay, the Scott 222 and an LK-72.

Decided to have him fix the 222 and the ST 70 and put the LK-72 up on E-Bay.

This gives me a lower powered Scott 222 and the higher powered ST 70 with the center channel.

Anyway, I hooked up the Scott 222 tonight after I arrived home. It is amazing!!! The volume knob is at 2, and its loud!, vocals are dead center, and its silent between passages. Hooked up my powered sub to the derived RCA output like Craig suggested works great too!

I can't thank you enough Craig!, It was a pleasure to meet you and visit your house and workshop and to talk a little. (Craig has so much tube stuff I can't believe it!)

Jim,

It was great having you and your family over for a visit! Jim should tell everyone about the experience he and his young son had on the Ausable river while vacationing. I took a few minutes to chat with his son and you could tell it was something he will remember for the rest of his life.

Craig

PIRANI;

I guess this is a pasive recomendation; at the very least; in some sense. HAHA

++++++++++++++

It is very nice to have someone I do not even know enjoy one of the best implmentaations of vintage amplification.

Sweet stuff!

Craig most likley dos not want to be the KING.

One of the TOP DUDES would be enough!

Top dude in my book!

++++++++++++++++++++++++

PIRANI;

Your sense?

Will have to be evaluated.

In another Klipsch Pilgimage! HA HA

Next weekend is the HARD ROCK roadshow in detroit.

i hope they have one in CA for you.

Craig is definately a good man, He does excellent work and will stand behind his rebuilds 110%, I have had a Scott 299-C rebuilt by him 6 months ago and it is running like a champ on my brothers system and loves it! We were looking for a center channel amp and once again Craig came through with a Scott 99-D which arrived this Saturday and it sounds amazing doing duty as a center channel amp in conjuction with the 299-C that is doing the left and right channels, very nice combination for the KG 5.5's and KV-3 center channel for the bro's HT/2 channel setup. I like his work so much that he is currently working on my two Dynaco Mark III mono amps which are in for some sweet upgrades, Triode and Ultra Linear mode switch, dual bias controls for each output tube, and capacitor upgrades and general tweaking to eek out the last bit of sonic performance from them.9.gif10.gif

----------------

On 8/8/2004 10:46:10 PM Klipsch RF7 wrote:

Craig is definately a good man, He does excellent work and will stand behind his rebuilds 110%, I have had a Scott 299-C rebuilt by him 6 months ago and it is running like a champ on my brothers system and loves it! We were looking for a center channel amp and once again Craig came through with a Scott 99-D which arrived this Saturday and it sounds amazing doing duty as a center channel amp in conjuction with the 299-C that is doing the left and right channels, very nice combination for the KG 5.5's and KV-3 center channel for the bro's HT/2 channel setup. I like his work so much that he is currently working on my two Dynaco Mark III mono amps which are in for some sweet upgrades, Triode and Ultra Linear mode switch, dual bias controls for each output tube, and capacitor upgrades and general tweaking to eek out the last bit of sonic performance from them.
9.gif10.gif

----------------

I am sure you will not be disappointed when you get them back Klipsch RF7. The VRD's that he custom built for me are absolutely outstanding. Anyone who has had the opportunity to listen to my current setup has had a jaw dropping experience to say the least. When they ask me how many watts they put out they are further blown away as I reply that the total output per channel is around 60W. All they can seem to do is shake their heads in disbelief.

The amazing thing is that I have never gotten the VRD's up past about 1/3 of their total power so far. Trust me, that on VRD's is very, very LOUD. And sounds great!9.gif

Istari,

Congrats on the nice 222. I have always said that even though it has the least power of any of my amps, it is the best sounding. The others all sound great too, but there is something that always brings me back to the 222.

I'm sure it kicks butt on the Khorns.

9.gif

Hi Piranha,

Your setup sure has gotten very, very impressive over the past 9 months that ive been here for sure, blows mine into the dust6.gif But, I am sure that the amps will sound great! So, your amps have the ability to switch between triode and UL correct? What do you notice between the two modes?