Wow! Hot New Klipsch Website

SCOOTERDOG

----------------

On 8/16/2004 9:53:44 PM m00n wrote:

I like the looks... Looks great. HOWEVER... Hold on, let m00n put on his marketing hat... Ah there... From a marketing perspective, I would expect when looking for products, your main money makers would appear first. When I did a look for the reference line, I had to go through several pages before I got to any R7 stuff. They were tucked away and people have to click and click and click.

If the products are barried, then, they won't be found. However, if the cinema10's and inwall speakers are the ones that they are really trying to sell, then I stand corrected.

m00n takes off his marketing hat now..

----------------

I'm gonna have to agree with you there... The reference list is 5 pages long... I do believe they should have kept the option of picking subwoofers, floorstanders, etc instead of having the entire linup mashed together. Otherwise, very asthetically (sp?) pleasing.

I'm a thumbs-down viewer of the new web site design. The dark look is cool and brooding, but the white on black type is a typographical no-no for large blocks of type, especially the very tiny point size. The page number buttons at the lower right are miniscule. The product photos are very tiny and seems to take quite a bit longer to load than the old pages. Look how much page/screen space is wasted with the large left border. Also when in Forum mode, the Klipsch logo button does not go back to the main web site. Also, I'm a little uncertain about the new photo treatment given the new products. I agree that the products should be shown in a 'cool' fashion, but the dark look makes it almost difficult to see the product clearly. Just my .02, don't jump my case, ok?

Yes, well a little fine tuning will be welcome. For example, the search function displays "O records found" as nearly black on black.

One thing that is nice, the "audio lingo" glossary. As I peruse it, I notice that I could really appreciate another glossary called "audio lingo for idiots!" ....So I can understand the terminology used in the AL glossary.9.gif

I like it, but there is a broken link on the site: Click on the Klipsch symbol on the upper left-hand top of this page. It's suppose to take you to the Klipsch Home page. Instead, you get "This page cannot be displayed." Oops!

I just got on, couldn't help but notice the new look, read, or tried to read, the text re the cinema series, but the bronze lettering on black was hard to make out. Was surprised that you used the term "life-style" in a product description, isn't there another un-named company that uses that term frequently to brand their speakers that blow? I haven't done any other checking on the site yet, but assume that the other negative comments are correct. That said, I do agree with the othe positive comments, the new look is wonderful!

• Moderators

Wow, this is great feedback and suggestions! I'll definitely have the designer check out this thread.

If you notice any specific problems (broken links, missing info, etc) please email me directly so we can fix them right away. There is a lot of information in here, so there are bound to be problems here and there!

Thanks everyone!

----------------

On 8/17/2004 9:37:19 AM Amy Unger wrote:

Wow, this is great feedback and suggestions! I'll definitely have the designer check out this thread.

If you notice any specific problems (broken links, missing info, etc) please email me directly so we can fix them right away. There is a lot of information in here, so there are bound to be problems here and there!

Thanks everyone!

----------------

Amy, I personally like the looks, I think you guys have dressed it up and looks quit professional now. I would have to agree the copper on black is difficult to read. Looks like a great attempt at a new style, but I think for many readers, it's going to turn them off.

Also, for a home page, I see toooooooo much verbage and not enough concentration product marketing. The site takes an entire column to talk about the small speakers, what about your heavy hitters? I could be mistaken and most likely am, but if I was in the position of selling speakers, I'd be wanting to show boat my main product lines a little better. This isn't something that new to this new design either, it was the same way with the old design.

One more thing, you guys have un-used realestate in column's 2 and 3. Why not put small blurbs about the cenima 10's there with links to more info and put your Reference, Heritage in the first column?

Sorry, don't mean to put a sour note on all the hard work that went into this site. Just trying to give feedback which I hope helps.12.gif

OK I have had time to digest this. I think it is very a confusing and non-user friendly layout. Nowhere on the home page is the forum listed you have to go to "Log In" (which you cant do) to see a link to the forum. My suggestion is put the links back on the opening page for everything product the whole gambit. It is a pain in the ASCII to have spend time looking for these links. To me it is the type of layout that if it were not the Klipsch site I would have been gone quickly. You have to spend too much time searching for items such as Product, forum and other links that should be available right on the opening page, nothing is obvious too much time spent on being clever. Another alternative is to perhaps use a frames set up with a site navigation tool on the right or left hand sides would be a better use of display space.