Klipsch Owners Manuals

colterphoto1

Is anyone amazed at the complete lack of information distributed by our beloved Klipsch in the literature accompanying it's products? There is next to no explanation of Bi-wiring, speaker placement, HT practices, etc. I've got a file folder full of old Klipsch advertising brochures, white papers, etc. and it's amazing how much info the purchaser used to get from Klipsch. What gives?

It's a speaker for crying out loud! Perhaps Klipsch expects that the purchaser of their speakers are of at least average intelligence and can figure it out on their own. Place, connect and enjoy! Maybe they were expecting too much of some people. Next you will want instructions with your set of silverware. Geez!

----------------

On 8/17/2004 6:47:59 AM Frzninvt wrote:

It's a speaker for crying out loud! Perhaps Klipsch expects that the purchaser of their speakers are of at least average intelligence and can figure it out on their own.
Place, connect and enjoy
! Maybe they were expecting too much of some people. Next you will want instructions with your set of silverware. Geez!
----------------

That sounds like the manual that would come with a Bose product!!!

David

9.gif9.gif9.gif

lets see, is the long flat thingee for picking up peas??

According to the vast number of posts from a fairly intelligent population on this Forum, I'd say that there was plenty of good solid advice that could be given to new purchasers of Klipsch speaker systems. Perhaps not everyone who walks into a hi-fi store and is fortunate enough to get a good salesman's advice (or listens to a Klipsch lover), has your engineering background or deep pockets. Judging from some of the questions that are asked right here, I think that Klipsch could do a little better job of distributing some speaker placement and usage fundamentals with their products.

Hey FRZ, cut the personal slams okay? This Forum is for the free exchange of ideas. If yer having a bad day, stay off! You want a piece of me???

I think that Klipsch could do a little better job of distributing some speaker placement and usage fundamentals with their products.

I think they do a great job on the site right here explaining how to set up a system. The fear from my view is if you print somehting as this is how it goes..a rectangle room along the long walls..for stereo... short for HT.. What if your room is neither..??

Hey FRZ, cut the personal slams okay? This Forum is for the free exchange of ideas. If yer having a bad day, stay off! You want a piece of me???

Um no mike.. I never want a piece of you...LOL. A lesbian trapped in a mans body I am. I only like women!!

Frzninvt: Yeah, that's the sort of reaction I was going for. Thanks.

Why are you being so abrupt? We're all friends here. I didn't say it was a major issue. It was just a remark. So their manual is lackluster. It's not a big deal to me. Please relax.

Mike: I'll take a piece, with Chocolate ice cream. Thanks! 2.gif

Indy: You "LEZBO!" 9.gif

Guys, easy! The user manuals have been that way for many years. I still have the ones I got with my '88 Forte's that have all the other Heritage and extended Heritage line in them and it is not much more than a few paragraphs for each with the quick specs and in about 3 languages. You guys cannot take a little poke, c'mon lighten up. You act as if I bad mouthed your mother or something. P.S. Colter sorry man I don't do guys even though I live in VT, I am originally from TX and don't want a piece of anything attached to a dude.

Frz: You wrote: "Maybe they were expecting too much of some people. Next you will want instructions with your set of silverware. Geez!"

Although insulting, I don't feel I over-reacted to that. It just wasn't like your usual demeanor. I was a bit surprised. Let's just "fahgettaboutit! 2.gif

Hey Frz!

bygones be bygones otay?

BTW the 'piece' comment was re a Robert Deniro line, not gay related, but good comebacks to all. Just trying to get a rise (there I go again) out of you all.

I'm just a little peeved about your recent silverware comment added to your post in the thread re 'center advice' where you stated to me 'what the hell are you talking about...'.

I may be a bit lost on a few topics but consider myself a fairly well educated audiophile. I try to help out people in this Forum.

Free exchange of ideas ok- personal slams not, agreed? You wanna bring my Mom into this, sorry she died about 5 years ago so you're too late.

I too was amazed after looking through the owners manual for my Reference loudspeakers at the little information it contained. On the other hand, most people simply want to enjoy them rather than read. If PWK had designed an owners manual, it would be as thick as a telephone book. ( those that have the dope from hope know what I mean )

This is a job for the marketing dept, not the technicians, however if they had a contribution, it would be worth including.