K-Horns in Da House

ricktate

Yea sure wude Rick LOL, ive been trying to set you up with some for 2 years.

Anyway wude Jim wants to know if you got a good deal, if you need K-55-Vs by chance I do have 2 drivers.

You will have fun dismantiling them, to refinish them.

Its a blast, I just placed k-55-Ms in mine.

Regards Jim

4.gif

Well im taking pics on film,,,i dont have digital,,,anyway i got the paint off the front.. good thing the guy didnt paint it right,,lol,,got them all apart i was wondering any of you guys have tips for me on veneering these bad boys? Do i need to veneer the whole top section since some of it shows next to the grill? Anyone with K-Horns chime in would help alot,,,thanks got to get back to work on my Ks,,lol Rick

Check out Greg's work (greg928s4). I don't have a link but it should be easy to find. He has step by step instructions. Also, Jorjen had pre-cut veneer that he ended up not using. Not sure he ever got rid of it. You may want to send him a pm or email. He's also re-veneered khorns. Both those guys did incredible jobs and would be excellent sources for info.

Hi,

I just wanted to add that if you've never used veneer before you might want to consider PSA veneer. With this type of veneer the glue is already applied evenly and you would only need to peel off the backing and stick it on. Then you can easily shave off the excess with a razor blade. Traditional paper backed veneer is not easy to work with and very easy to get lots of bubbles. Another alternative is to buy 1/4" veneer plywood and then use solids to hide the edges. You would need a table saw and a good fence for this. PSA would definitely be easier and it wouldn't add much weight.