Belle Break Up?

Need to sell a set of '85 Walnut Belles. (See my recent posting "Horns and Belles for sale in VA")

Would it be better to sell as a set or break up as center channel speakers? One of these speakers is in better shape than the other cosmetically - one and possibly the other will require some finish/veneer work.

Also have the original cartons. I value your comments!

Thanks!

Horn player,

Well, nobody else seems to have an opinion on this, so I will comment!

I am looking for a single Belle to upgrade my center Cornwall and have offered to by just one. That makes this a biased opinion! But..... Since he has the orininal shipping boxes, selling them as a pair makes sense. The advantage I have to offer him is that I will come and pick one up!

Another point: Since one is in better shape then the other, selling them seperately will allow each one to be sold at the appropriate price depending on it's condition. Of course, I want the pretty one! 8^)

Al K.

I would consider taking the ugly one for a music/work room experiment! cwm4.gif HornEd

------------------

"Where Legends Live! Klipsch Powered HT"

FOREGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30 Center, KLF 30 Mains, KLF 10 Front Effects

BACKGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30 L&R Side/Surrounds, KLF 30 Rear Effects

LARGE MOUTH BASS:

Twin SVS CS-Ultra sub with Samson Megawatt Amp

SPEAKER SUPPORT SYSTEMS:

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

and such... Tweakin' On!

2-Channel Music Respite Room ala Cornwall under construction...

This message has been edited by HornEd on 07-30-2001 at 11:11 AM

I was asking 1500 for the pair, you can see the better one shown in my earlier post "Horns & Belles for sale in VA". I do have pictures of both. Like I said - one will need veneer work, the other might get by with some TLC, but it too might need a new top veneer.

Thanks.

Horn player, yes i remember now!

Your looking to downsize your speakers, well, i wish i was closer!

Caint do much from here, the shipping would cost as much as buying another pair of cornwalls here!!

The belles still look good i think, just some minor surface, and some lamination repair!!

Looked like it was in direct sunlight!!

Just bought the wife a mini van, so im done with audio this year!! Regards Jim

I would have to agree with macklipsch $1500 for Belle's with veneer damage is pretty high. I got my '80 Belle's in Oak Clear w/cane grills in good cosmetic shape just a few chips and some light stains for $1000. I would offer $400 for the rougher one. Just my thoughts.

Here's an update...Yes, I was a little "forward thinking" with the asking price. It was another Klipsch Belle owner's opinion that they would have probably fetched 1200-1300 as they were. To answer Mac's question - they were in a passive solar home from 1985 to 1999 with potted plants resting on top of them.

The Belles have been broken up now, and I have a beautiful 1985 Cornwall in the place of one. I still have the other 1985 Belle that needs veneer replacement on the top, top front edge and top right edge. Shortly, it will be brought back cosmetically and offered for sale. One recently sold for 650, so I will ask that when it's complete. I would let it go as is now for less, and I would take one Cornwall as partial payment. I do have the original carton for it. Email if interested. Thanks, Paul in Central VA.