WHOA!!! New Klipsch Reference KILLERS!!!

kenratboy

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Klipsch had the sub, codenamed "Subzilla" as it is still a prototype, on display at CEDIA. Unfortunatley it didn't even have any guts in it, just for looks so to speak. I will admit that it looks better in person than it does in the picture - the woodgrain is actually very nice looking. I did get to audition their THX Ultra system - WOW!

i bet they sound wonderful, but the design is just wayyyyy to out there for me.

i think you either love the way they look or hate it.

unfortunately, a speaker cabinet in the shape of a giant male genital region might sound better than anuthing in the world, but it would take a lot of coaxing to get someone to put it in their house...barring a few individuals.

maybe i am just not "with" the current trends. oh well, my ole' refs seem do be doing fine without the pointy dustcaps.9.gif

True hornies like DJK don't impress easily, and certainly see the use of a "cone" has a huge compromise. However, the design looks interesting, and it's probably best to wait and listen before making any premature judgments. After all, it's about the sound. Based on my experience with the RF-7s and other Reference speakers, I don't expect anything less than stellar performance out of these.

On the surface, the price seems murderous, but I think we all know that these will end being had from most dealers for around $4K. This puts them between the RF-7s and the Klipschorns, and just about even with the LaScalas. Thank God I don't have to make that decision.

I know one thing for sure, it'll be a cold day in Hell before someone unseats the RF-7 in the performance per dollar category. Even as an owner of new Klipschorns -- I would have NO problem with scooting a set of them back into my room again.