RF7 + RC25/35?

Mort Corey

Spent the weekend auditioning various speakers to replace a ten+ year old set up Klipsch L/R/C setup that has served me well. Several other brands did not make the grade (guess I'm spoiled) and my choice came down to the RF7's for mains. The RF5's were nice, but pretty close to what I have at present. Do to space restrictions, the RC25 or 35 would be my only choices for a center channel. I was wondering if that's going to throw things out of whack for multi channel playback?

Thanks

Mort

Virtually any speaker can be calibrated so that it will not "overpower" your other speakers. Once everything is set up correctly you have other issues at hand. You use your center channel for approx. 70% of a movies sound track. IMO, the center channel and sub are the 2 most important speakers in a HT. I've used the RC35 with the RF-5's and I really noticed a difference. You can hear a large difference with pink noise when you set the system up as well as when you watch a movie. I know...... all reference speakers should work together, but....... If there is ANY way possible, make room for the RC7, you'll be happy you did. Or, you could get the RC35 and then upgrade to the RC7 so that you can appreciate how much better the 7 really is. Carl

While I agree with the majority on using a RC-7 with your

mains..I will dissagree that the RC-35 will be a miss-match.

If you cannot find the space for the RC-7 then the RC-35 is

your next best center. Currently I am running a RC-3II with

my RF-7's. I will eventually get the RC-7 but utill then the

3 sounds very good. So don't be to worried.

Thanks for the advice....I guess I kind of knew the answer going in but was hoping I could get by without modifying my cabinetry. The RF7's were just too much of what I'm looking for to settle on the other models....which were OK, just not in the same ballpark IMO. Polk, Mirage, Monitor, Energy, etal.....nothing grabbed my wife and I like The RF7 speakers.

Mort (back to the cabinet maker shop)

ohh, a cabinetmaker, please check in the Modification forum occasionally. Folks always asking about construction and finishing their old Klipsches or custom cabinetry.

btw, what 10-year old Klipsch system are you retiring. They're probably just barely broken in. If they're Heritage line, you could sell them here, hint, hint.

Michael

until a person actually has the speakers mentioned in house there is no way to compare, but i have, so be sure to not try the lessor rc's they are serious mismatches for the sevens, no matter how much calibration the 25 or 35 will always sound weak, and transitional sounds will be dissapointing, after a few good movies you will want to rush out to spend more money on the 7, so save the money now and get the seven 12.gif

Marksdad is correct. The RC25 and 35 are no match with the RF7's.

I originally bought RC35 with RF35's. The RC35 was a total disappointment so I got the RC7. It is an excellent blend with the RF35's and worth every cent of the cost over the 35.

Listen for yourself before you buy.

Good luck.