starwars dvd trilogy set!

Nicholti

They are Vertical Cornwalls, notice the horn orientation they are vertical vice horizontal. They can be placed on their side to work as a center channel and still offer a wide dispersion of sound they work well for center channels in Heritage rigs. I am not sure why they are on top of his K-Horns though unless they are filling a roll like that of effect speakers

They are '62 Vertical Cornwalls and they are my rear effects/center speakers. That was the easiest way to get them 52" off the ground. I am watching the first episode now and I must say with 4 Khorn's and 2 Velo Servo 15's it is killer!

The black & white photo in the frame is Harrison Ford taken when he was in the area filming "What Lies Beneath" the shirt is signed by him and it is in a hermetically sealed picture frame.

Here is what runs those Khorns, note the Velo's.

m00n,

I recommend the Star wars trilogy for your movie night. The sound and picture restoration are excellent. I suspect that sound has been upgraded to current standards along with FX changes to some segments of the movie. For example, Jaba the Hut appears before the Milenium Falcon leaves Tatooine.

Personally, I think that the sound has been upgraded, but part of the improvement may be that my system is beter. I would be interested in other folks' experience with the sound.

Bill

PS: The video bit rate is quite high. The video bit rate seems to be in the same ball park as a Superbit movie. B

My roommate just brought the trilogy home too, and we were testing the first disc. Wow! The sound and picture are so excellent you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between this movie and any other recent DVD release, even though this movie is decades old!

Also, it might just be me, but if any of you guys have THX certified receivers or preamps, try engaging the THX post processing while watching these discs. I think it sounds better than DD EX or DTS ES alone.

Frzn - how's your hernia? You know...the one you got from lifting those Cornwalls up on top of those Khorns? 9.gif

My god man...those things are 90 some pounds! Either you're very strong or had someone help you. Wow - I'd be afraid of buggering up the Khorns doing that.

BTW - your room seems awfully small for the likes of 4 Khorns, 2 Cornwalls and a LaScala. Doesn't the sound get kinda muddy from those speakers being in such close proximity to each other?

Tom

Tom, not to mention I had to haul the Khorn's in from the minivan, and my brother in law's '61 Cornwalls downstairs. However, they are more like 105lbs and I can lift them myself but getting them overhead took a little help. There are hand towels between the speakers to protect the finish and they were set up there very, very gently believe me. My wife helped me!

The room is small 16' X 15' X 8.5' but I am in an apartment right now until we can find a suitable home, they are not muddy at all and I have no bass cancellation issues. I figured I would buy everything now so when I do get the house (built or already in place) and have no money, I will have all the speakers and gear that I need. There was an immediate discernable difference when I put the Khorn's in the rear in place of the Cornwall II's.

Star Wars Episode IV was awesome! The video and audio were very well done, loved the DD EX use of all 7 channels, plus I have the .2 the NAD has two dedicated subwoofer outputs. Tonight I think I will watch EP V!

The Khorn's were filthy in the back, I don't think they had been cleaned since they were put into place in 1977. I got them looking pretty again, and cleaned up the crossovers as well. I got them for a very good price!