Which one would you prefer?

ARPRINCE

Looking on getting the ff. but can't decide yet:

SETUP1 - (1)RC25,(1)RW-10,(2)RF-25,(2)RB-25

SETUP2 - (1)RC25,(1)RW-10,(2)RF-25,(2)RS-25

SETUP3 - (1)RC25,(1)RW-10,(2)RF-25,(2)RSX-5

Rear speaker is for future setup because of my budget. Will be using Yamaha RX-V1400.

Which speaker setup and why? TIA

which setup do I prefer?

SETUP4 3(RF-7),2(RF-3II),2(RS-3II),1(RSW15)

But in your shoes, I would get SETUP1

I like direct speakers as surrounds althought the RS series is ok. The RB series IMHO is better bang for your buck then the RSX series. Not to knock your setup, but I would suggest an RW-12 if you plan to really crank it, if not,then the 10 is ok. I honestly prefer the RF-25 over the RF-35 because I think the 35s are a little boomy compared to the 25. If you watch alot of movies(more then 75% of the time) I would suggest the RC-35 as the center because it is the most important speaker in a theater set up but I do think that either center should be fine. Looks like a nice setup. Good Luck in your serch

CD

CD

here is what i recomend.

rc-35 (center) center is key for movies

rb-25 (fronts) not as good as RF's but not bad, and for movies it makes little difference

rb-15 (rears) rears are not as important as fronts, these should complement your fronts just fine w/o killing your pocket book

svs pb10-isd or the pb1-isd if you can afford it. - accpet to subsitute for movies, svs is the ONLY sub i can recomend.

I can get every I said above for about 1150 dollars if you get the pb1 then add 200 more

----------------

On 9/29/2004 12:11:13 AM meuge wrote:

SETUP 4

(1) RC25

(4) RB-25

(1) Subwoofer (best you can afford, but do not go for the Klisch RW series)... I recommend the LFM-1 by Outlaw Audio (~$550 or so). With a good subwoofer, RF-25s are not necessary, and RB-25s are a fantastic speaker.
----------------

This would be my recommendation also, if you deviate from your list of options. If you stick w/ your given options, I still pick Option for music and movies.

John

Well the RB25 (pair) cost $200 less than the RF25(pair) but I need to get a "good" speaker stand and the one that I like cost roughly $199 (BELLO SPC-300M) so it's more or less the same.

The setup will be used mainly for DVD movies and cable TV.

Sorry about this but I just have to ask. Anyone familiar with APERION AUDIO speakers? CNET gave them a really high rating on their review. Honestly, I have never heard of them until I browsed through CNET.

----------------

On 9/29/2004 6:18:15 PM 007 wrote:

if you need stands, get teh RF's , you might be able to get stands for 100 bucks, but for 100 more you can RF's which give you double the drivers

----------------

This is exactly my point of thought and yes, Bello is the only stand that I think would really look nice in the room for now.

----------------

On 9/27/2004 8:45:06 PM ARPRINCE wrote:

Looking on getting the ff. but can't decide yet:

SETUP1 - (1)RC25,(1)RW-10,(2)RF-25,(2)RB-25

SETUP2 - (1)RC25,(1)RW-10,(2)RF-25,(2)RS-25

SETUP3 - (1)RC25,(1)RW-10,(2)RF-25,(2)RSX-5

Rear speaker is for future setup because of my budget. Will be using Yamaha RX-V1400.

Which speaker setup and why? TIA

----------------

You may want to scratch getting a sub altogether and go with something like the RF-35 or RF-7 for the mains, and also a better center channel (RC-7 or RC-35?). The reason I say this is that if you purchase a "cheaper" sub, then in the future when you plan to upgrade, you will have no more use for your old sub. Likewise, you either want to go all out on the mains so that they never will need to be replaced, OR buy something smaller like a bookshelf (RB-75?) that can be moved to surround duty when you decide to upgrade your mains in the future. The surrounds you purchase now could then be bumped down to the rear channels of a 7.1 setup.

Another concept to bring up with a system without a sub is the integration from the mid bass to the low bass. The bigger RF floorstanding speakers go down to 30Hz. The subwoofers go down to 20Hz. By sacrificing those 10Hz (which is only a third octave), you're getting a more seamless transition to the low bass. The only downside to not using a sub is that you can't over crank the lows (many ppl like to crank the low lows by as much as 20 or 30db, which is like the difference between a whisper and shouting). You may also find that you don't even need a sub. I personally have mains (Marantz 940s) that go down rather flat to 30Hz and I've never felt the need for a sub, not to mention I can't justify spending a thousand dollars just to get 3 more notes.

Well I'm not trying to talk you out of getting a sub, but it's just something to think about. The main point I'm trying to get across is keep the future in mind and make investments now that make the overall cost of your system cheaper. As the other components of the system change over time due to changes in media formats and all that, you'll find that good speakers will always be the constant variable in the good systems. Get good speakers now and they'll be with you for the rest of your life. So whenever possible, minimize purchases of speakers that you won't be using in the future.

Unfortunately depending on the room, the floorstanders (under 7) may not do it as far as the bass is concerned. I have the RF-3IIs and their bass is sort of enough in my tiny room, but it's definitely on the boomy side. My friend has RF-3IIs in a larger room and the bass is lacking altogether.

As far as stands are concerned, there are very nice-looking stands you can find on the web for around $100. For multichannel music listening, as well as for movies, having identical speakers all around is ideal.

----------------

On 9/29/2004 8:32:27 PM meuge wrote:

Unfortunately depending on the room, the floorstanders (under 7) may not do it as far as the bass is concerned. I have the RF-3IIs and their bass is sort of enough in my tiny room, but it's definitely on the boomy side. My friend has RF-3IIs in a larger room and the bass is lacking altogether.

As far as stands are concerned, there are very nice-looking stands you can find on the web for around $100. For multichannel music listening, as well as for movies, having identical speakers all around is ideal.

----------------

You mention that the bass for the same speaker is much different in two different rooms. I just wanted to point out the significance that every speaker in the world will suffer the same sonic signature imposed by the acoustics of the room. This is why acoustically treating the room is so important. The best speakers in the world will sound like crap in a crappy room. There's no way around it. Some may argue that you can move a subwoofer around to help fight the room's modes, or at least find the best compromise. To an extent placement does help, but you'll notice in all the research that you still get the same sonic signature, just some placements are less drastic than others.

And for what it's worth, i have a friend who's HT opens up into the rest of the house which makes the room huge as far as the bass is concerned...his RF-3II's can shake the whole house. Like you said, it all depends on the room, but I did want to mention that klipsch surely doesn't exagerate their specs and they easily go down to 30Hz (or whatever the respective cutoffs are).

----------------

On 9/28/2004 10:48:49 PM 007 wrote:

rc-35 (center) center is key for movies

rb-25 (fronts) not as good as RF's but not bad, and for movies it makes little difference

rb-15 (rears) rears are not as important as fronts, these should complement your fronts just fine w/o killing your pocket book

svs pb10-isd or the pb1-isd if you can afford it. - accpet to subsitute for movies, svs is the ONLY sub i can recomend.

I can get every I said above for about 1150 dollars if you get the pb1 then add 200 more

----------------

I'm kindda looking on this configuration although I would still prefer an RF25 to an RB25. The only thing I have decided on for now is my sub, PB1-ISD!!!. Did my research on the forum and got raving reviews and opinions on it.

Thanks

----------------

----------------

I'm kindda looking on this configuration although I would still prefer an RF25 to an RB25. The only thing I have decided on for now is my sub, PB1-ISD!!!. Did my research on the forum and got raving reviews and opinions on it.

Thanks

----------------

I agree..get the RF's over the RB's. There is a difference.