Monster amps?

jzoz01

----------------

On 9/29/2004 1:09:36 AM nicholtl wrote:

Hold thy horses a sec, they design their line conditioners and voltage stablizers, interconnects, speaker wire and terminations. They have a team headed by Richard Marsh. Let's not be so quick to dismiss Monster as a puny little puppy now...

----------------

I'm not dismissing them as anything. I'm making a heavy wager that they do not design or build those amps any more than they design and built those batteries...

One thing's for sure. You cannot deny the coolness factor of blue lights. Monster's got them on their readouts. Aragon has a cascade down their logo. Parasound has them behind their buttons...

Hyabusha, can you give a little more information on your amp? What did you own before, and how did they compare?

I was using the Yamaha Z9 before, but after memorizing the audio of matrix scenes. I hooked up the Monter amp, and I could hear more definition, and separation betweens the front three speakers. It just seemed better. The Klipsch RF-7's dont need much power to get them going, and the monster amps have plenty.

You mean adding the 2-channel Monster amp to the RX-Z9, or just abandoning both in favor of the 5805? Gosh...that's a difficult one...

Sh!t, I guess...well...uhhh...maybe I'd...no...umm, I think I'd maybe, MAYBE go with the Denon...but at the same time, that's Yamaha's flagship receiver, THX Ultra 2 rated, got all the bells and whistles...Denon ain't got them cool blue lights...but the sound is warmer, possibly fuller, the thing's a beast alright...but then...ahh hell...shiznit, I have no clue man. I really don't know what I'd do. Oh f_ck it, just get em both.

----------------

On 9/30/2004 12:33:49 AM DeanG wrote:

Designed by Richard Marsh, and probably very similiar internally to the Marsh Sound Designs units. The AS400 is supposed to be killer, and I would expect the Monster amps to be right up there as well.

----------------

Ah, so there is reputation behind them. That's a positive. Only thing I wonder now is where they were manufactured and of what grade of parts...

----------------

On 9/30/2004 1:00:54 AM Hyabusha wrote:

$2999.95 for the Three channel, and $2499.95 for the two channel. I think I'm gonna add the two channel Instead.

----------------

Another $800 puts you into the Bel Canto Evo digital amplifiers - wonder how this thing stacks up to THEM (since they're playing in the same ball park)

• 2 months later...