WTB K-horns or Belle's

brian berube

Welcome to the Forum.

I'm sure you had good reason to sell those vintage Heritage jewels (financial, wife, home size, etc.), but I can't imagine not having those around once you've gotten used to them.

Good luck in your search. Just be patient; you'll find some good ones locally.

Music Hall MMF-7 Turntable w/ Goldring Eroica H MC

Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CDP

Wright Sound WPP-100C Phono Stage

JF Lessard Pantheon 6SN7 SRPP Preamp w/ RCA 5R4GY & Sylvania 6SN7

JF Lessard Horus Parafeed Cobalt 2A3 Monoblocks w/ Tung Sol 5687 & AVVT 2A3

1976 KCBR Klipschorns with ALK Crossovers

Gear Online: Two Channel & Home Theater Systems

Thanks Chris. I have been a little discouraged in my search; ebay is not always consistent. Audiogon seems to be realistic, but in either of these sites the shipping problems, i.e. cost and an unwillingness on the part of many of the sellers to lift a finger to help has been disappointing. I just sold my Epic CF3's and now I want to be patient, yet I need to get some Khorns or Belle's in this house.

I am going to post a WTB in the Mpls. Star Tribune this weekend and see if I get any bites. Think good thoughts for me.

Check Ebay, Audiogon, Audioweb, and here on a continuing basis until you find what you are looking for. It took a couple of years for me to find and assemble my two Klipsch systems (4 pairs), but the effort is worth it. Your speakers will show up, sooner or later.

I find that the MN area can produce some good deals on this stuff.....I do most certainly remember Klipsch heritage speakers being offered in that area.

And, as Dale mentioned, you can order new ones as well.

Brian,

I live in the Boston area but have found Klipschorns as far away as Philly and Rochester, NY (both sub- $1200). I just rented a minivan ($50) and drove it all in one day with a buddy.

If you draw a 10 hour drive radius around MN, you might have some good pickings, e.g., Chicago.

Just a thought!

Thanks again Chris. I have certainly expanded the area which I am willing to travel to pick up a pair. There is a pair listed on audiogon that are in SW Wisconsin, only about 4-5 hours from me. However, they must be early 60's models. They have TYPE 1RB crossovers and I am a little reluctant to pull the trigger on them. Am I being overly cautious? What do you guys think?

I am asking everyone out there to keep their eyes and ears open. I really appreciate everyone keeping me upbeat about this. I am shipping my Epic CF3's out today to their new owner. Feel the need to fill the space but don't want to do anything foolish.

----------------

On 10/5/2004 7:11:48 AM brian berube wrote:

Feel the need to fill the space but don't want to do anything foolish.

----------------

Don't be impatient or you will regret it. Wait for your Klipschorns, and not just the first one's that come on the market. Buy a good pair. Don't forget, you don't HAVE to buy, but generally the vendor HAS to sell (for whatever reason). This puts you in a good bargining position. Maybe you should consider looking as well for a pair of Heresy's for future rear channel use. If you pick a cheap pair up, that will give you the opportunity to spend more time looking for your Klipschorns.

I am going to Southwest Wisconsin this weekend (about a 5+ hour drive) to pick up a vintage '65 pair of Khorns. They are listed on Audiogon. The guy is packaging his 'horns, some Heresy's and a center channel speaker. Hope I am not disappointed. But I am tired of waiting and the whole shipping thing is a complete and utter hassle. Most people don't want to get involved in the shipping process. I don't blame them. I just shipped a pair of Epic CF3's that I sold to a guy in California and it was a pain in the rear. Plus shipping adds a considerable amount of money to the transaction.

Thanks for looking out for me.