Just about to buy complete setup (advise)

chris98007

----------------

On 10/13/2004 12:29:28 PM chris98007 wrote:

so your concern would be matching the mid and high of the 35? That is what i am worried about. Not sure if it would be worth paying the xtra 200-250 for the 25's

----------------

In my opinion the additional 200 for the 25's will be worth it.

How much are you looking at on spending for the front mains.

Just remember you will be living with your purchase for a long time.

So spending a few hundred now will cost a lot less then buying all

new speakers later.

"Just remember you will be living with your purchase for a long time.

So spending a few hundred now will cost a lot less then buying all new speakers later."

Very true words here too. I would even suggest if your almost ready to pull the switch, wait a few more months of savings to get what your really want too. There is something about saving for something important in your life and finally getting it too. Note I did not say go in hock up to your ears on credit too. I still have my Heresies I worked a full summer for at 15 yeras old. And they still sound great at 42 too.

As been told on here before, do not skimp if you can really "hear it" and can eventually afford it too.

My biggest advice on the New REF series speakers? Stay in the same class.. So all 25's or 35's around. L,C,R, and rears. Trust me and others on here. It will make a HUGE difference!

I would really advise you to go with 25 series all around. You'll save some money on going for RC-25 as opposed to RC-35, that could go towards the RF-25s.

Another option is to get a pair of RB-25s and stands, since the subs can take care of the bass.

well, i can see your point. all 25 or all 35 etc. I guess i look at it like this. Center channel is most important with 50 to 70% of audio out of them. Next are your mains then rears. I am not sure i would see much benifit in going 35 on the rears. I know there is no difference in the 25 vs 35 mains but the woofer size.

I just don't know.

Meuge, of course he'll save money, but we're simply suggesting he get the best he can afford so there will not only be no buyer's remorse, but his investment will last considerably longer. Like you said, Chris, perhaps RS-25's in the rear would suffice, but for the front end...35 ALL THE WAY. Give them a side-by-side listen, and there's just no way on God's Great Earth you won't tell the difference between the two systems. It's dramatic, to say the least.

If I were you I'd go the absolute bare minimum on the surrounds, i.e. the RS-10's and spend the money you save on those to upgrade to 25 mains and the 35 center, or if at all possible 35 mains and 35 center. I wouldn't cut the center budget to improve the mains from the 15's. While mains are important for music, they are much less so for movies (and this is the home theatre forum). They play mainly background music and ambient sounds. Very rarely will voices come from these channels, and when they do it will be very briefly. The RF-25's will obviously sound better, and so would the 35's, but for movies where you are distracted by the sound coming from the center of the screen, the stuff going on in the background isn't so critical.

Nicholtl.. Great points!! IMO especially for the fronts. I suppose many people will say the rears are not as important. Especially in original "Dolby Pro Logic" days where Klipsch even made a heresey without tweeters...(movie theaters) Would you ever consider a speaker without a high end today even for rears.. (Holding back a BOSE comment here...I am trying to be good!)

So ask yourself this. Do you ever listen to Music DVD's? Will you in the future? Maybe one step down if you just have to for the rears, but again at this point if it is an all 25 or 35 system.. The few hundred more to get the exact sound all around will be worth it. Just take the leap of faith the engineers at Klipsch put it together as a package for a reason!

The next time something flies over you and onto the screen sound wise you WILL hear it! If you compromise what you bought, it will sound un natural.

----------------

On 10/13/2004 4:01:02 PM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

So ask yourself this. Do you ever listen to Music DVD's? Will you in the future? Maybe one step down if you just have to for the rears, but again at this point if it is an all 25 or 35 system.. The few hundred more to get the exact sound all around will be worth it. Just take the leap of faith the engineers at Klipsch put it together as a package for a reason!

----------------

Oh yes, definitely this too. SACD's and DVD-A's can't be having no diffuse surround speaks in the back, uh-uhh, no way. I won't allow it. =)

If you've got good subs, you may want to go with the RB-35 instead of the RF-15. This would then match up perfectly with your center channel. If it costs too much to get the surrounds with the RB and RC 35's, then just purchase the surrounds at a later date. If you have crap speakers laying around, then let them do surround duty for now. Then in the future, you can either purchase surrounds, OR move the RB-35's to the surrounds and then purchase something like the RF-35 or RF-7 for the fronts...and then later down the road, you can upgrade your center channel to an RF-7 and then bump the RC-35 to the rear center.

I cannot stress enough the importance of planning system upgrades down the road. A good speaker will last you the rest of you and your grandchildren's life as well as outlive the changing media formats. A crap speaker today, just means that you will eventually become unsatisfied and you'll just have to get rid of it later on. At the same time though, I understand the desire to have a complete system, but down the road you will regret not being patient.

That said, if at all possible I would try to postpone the purchase of surround speakers. There's not even that many movies that take advantage of them and you surely aren't going to feel like you're missing anything from the movies that do (at least for a while). 2.gif

If you look at my system, you'll see that I own the RB/C/S-25s. If you choose the 35s or the 25s (I think you'll be happy w/ either), just keep them the same all around. I would recommend the RBs in as many places as you can put them. 5 RB-25s or RB-35s would sound great in a system.

John

• Like 1