HOW DO YOU TURN OFF "NEO 6" ON A DENON?

iwillwalk

In the Analog mode when watching live TV you can select between NEO:6 or Dolby Pro Logic. This is NOT Digital surround like Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS 6.1 Also in the NEO:6 you can select Music or Cinema mode. I like the Music mode for regular TV watching. The Cinema mode puts more of the sound in the front center speaker and the Music mode puts most of the sound to the front Right and left speakers.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

On my Denon receiver I can select between Neo:6 and Dolby Pro Logic using the MODE button on the remote.

If you are watching a DVD that has both a Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 6.1 sound track you need to select which you want in the DVD player menu, Not the Denon receiver. If you Denon receiver is set to Auto select that's all you need to do.

Please turn off your caps lock. It looks like you're yelling at everyone, and it's very difficult to read.

If the game is broadcast in Dolby DTS 5.1, and your 6.1 receiver detects a 6th channel, it will default to Neo6 or Matrix 6.1 (ironic, isn't it?) to create sound for the 6th channel.

This is not a bad thing.

On the contrary, it's a rather good thing, because that 4th Heresy sitting back there would be a big waste of space if it wasn't employed by the receiver to matrix out a phantom channel.

From what I have found for example if I am watching a show that is a hdtv tv show but only broadcast the sound in a 2/0/0 format. or regular stereo in usual terms. The denon will display neo. When broadcast in 3/2/1 or better it will say dd ex(if back speaker is turned on?) or dts. I keep it in cinema mode for my tv vieiwing. I look at neo as a better version of prologic2. So in short I believe that is normal. If you notice for dvds usally the menu screen sound is neo but switched to dd or dts once you start the movie and it gets the correct signal

Good Luck

----------------

On 10/19/2004 9:01:08 PM TIbor wrote:

From what I have found for example if I am watching a show that is a hdtv tv show but only broadcast the sound in a 2/0/0 format. or regular stereo in usual terms. The denon will display neo. When broadcast in 3/2/1 or better it will say dd ex(if back speaker is turned on?) or dts.

----------------

That makes perfect sense. Just because they're broadcasting in DD, doesn't mean it's 5.1 or 6.1 surround.

Billy Jack was "remastered for Dolby Digital" - in mono...

it just light up last nite & nevr saw it before it sounds ok just didnt know what it was. cable is hooked up with dvi cable. denon 3801.it sats it on any channel when the box says dd the denon always says neo, no button on the remote....keep playing.also i onlyhave 5.1 no whre for rear center...thats for a new post

thanks

steve

From my expierence most hd tv shows are not a 5.1 or better sountrack. So it will show neo or matrix. I so know that american dreams on sundays at 800 is a 5.1 soundtrack and then my reciever switches from neo to ddex. When commeri al comes on it goes to neo again. Does it do this only with hdtv or dvds too?