Long Overdue Note of Thanks to Allan Songer

fini

I just realized I never took the opportunity to thank Allan for the beautiful copy of Africa/Brass by The John Coltrane Quartet. Not only is it great music, but this experience has served to illustrate the gold standard for preparing, packaging and shipping LPs. Not that I would have expected anything less. I hear the same from everyone who's ever received a shipment from him. When Allan sold me the SME 3009 arm (for a super price), it came impeccably packed, with clear instructions (including vintage manuals & paperwork). I couldn't be more impressed.

The vinyl was spotless, too!2.gif

----------------

On 10/20/2004 6:40:44 PM Allan Songer wrote:

It's a great album and I'm glad you're enjoying this VG+ record! I hope that the pressure washer from Home Depot helped clean all the crap out of the grooves.

----------------

Crappy Grooves...I think I found a sock puppet...

Actually Allan, only side 1 needs a good scrubbin'. Tomorrow is street sweeping day in our neighborhood, and I plan on placing the LP, good side down on 6 layers of unbleached Egyptian cotton diapers, in the gutter. A hearty Zero Stat treatment and we should be good to go!