speaker wire

chris98007

Question for you all. My cabinet that holds everything is far from the tv. I am drillin 2 holes in the floor. 1 ehind the cabinet and one behind the tv. I will take all my video and audio cables under the floor.

First question is that if i take my speaker wire (12 guage from Home depot) under the floor through the crawl space, do i need in wall wire?

Second, is Home depot 12 guage good enough?

Thanks

----------------

On 10/25/2004 12:31:16 PM chris98007 wrote:

Question for you all. My cabinet that holds everything is far from the tv. I am drillin 2 holes in the floor. 1 ehind the cabinet and one behind the tv. I will take all my video and audio cables under the floor.

First question is that if i take my speaker wire (12 guage from Home depot) under the floor through the crawl space, do i need in wall wire?

Second, is Home depot 12 guage good enough?

Thanks

----------------

You do not need in wall wire and yess Home Depot is good enough.

I have been using HD cable running underneath the house in the crawl space for my surrounds for the last 3 years with no problems. Drilled a hole through the floor and then ran the wire in the walls.

If you like the sound of your system with the HD wire, then it is good enough.

Danny

I know I already posted, but here's the link to the wire I was talking about:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=100-740

It's CL3 rated, 12-gauge in-wall wire, $20 for a 100ft roll. If you need longer runs, the 1000ft roll is just under $100. I doubt you could get a cheaper deal and it's probably as good of a wire as you'll ever need.

----------------

On 10/25/2004 3:55:14 PM RM1111 wrote:

I prefer the monster cable wire, but it cost more. It all depends on what you want to spend.

----------------

I've used it for years also...because I was dumb enough to buy into the salesman's bullcrap when I bought my first set of Klipsch speakers (KG4's) back in "91". I figure if I keep it another 13 years it will become more cost effective.

On 10/25/2004 3:42:32 PM meuge wrote:

I know I already posted, but here's the link to the wire I was talking about:

It's CL3 rated, 12-gauge in-wall wire, $20 for a 100ft roll. If you need longer runs, the 1000ft roll is just under $100. I doubt you could get a cheaper deal and it's probably as good of a wire as you'll ever need.

Sweet!

I'd take that over Monster any day. Great link!