For Sale: La Scala's

omegaken

I have a pair of La Scala's - LSBR 8439725 & 8439726 that I must sell. The speakers are in good condition and are completely orginal and sound great. I've just run into some nice cornwalls and the La Scala's must GO!. I'm located in the SF Bay Area. I would like to get $1000 but open to offers.

post-14418-13819259245974_thumb.jpg

The main reason for letting the La Scala's go is due to space. They sound great no question about it. I will miss them but my family room is about 18' X 15 and I currently have an all heritage HT system setup. La Scala's in front (now '69 Vertical Cornwall's) Heresy center and Heresy's in the rear. Who know's they may not sell and I keep them!

I have owned both Cornwalls and La Scalas. I had the Cornwalls for about ten years and always wanted to "upgrade" to La Scalas. Well, I eventually ended up finding La Scalas, and while they are very nice speakers, if I had to live with only one or the other, I think I would choose the Cornwalls. That the Cornwalls go deeper in bass is the main reason for my preference. I can see how others would prefer the opposite though. Both are outstanding.

----------------

On 11/6/2004 6:06:58 AM edwinr wrote:

That's a big call letting the LaScala's go in lieu of the Cornwalls. Your choice though - they look like a very good buy...----------------

----------------

On 11/6/2004 8:25:13 PM JMON wrote:

I have owned both Cornwalls and La Scalas. I had the Cornwalls for about ten years and always wanted to "upgrade" to La Scalas. Well, I eventually ended up finding La Scalas, and while they are very nice speakers, if I had to live with only one or the other, I think I would choose the Cornwalls. That the Cornwalls go deeper in bass is the main reason for my preference. I can see how others would prefer the opposite though. Both are outstanding.----------------

I know this is probably going to start a flame war but here goes.

I can understand why he's doing what he's doing. I currently own both the Cornwall and the La Scala. Mind you that this is only MHO, but I prefer the bass of the Cornwall to that of the La Scala. The midrange of the La Scala blows the Cornwall away. Absolutely no comparison there. They are two completely different speakers. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

In a nutshell I am leaning towards preferring the sound of my Cornwalls to my La Scala's with my current system and setup. Everyone certainly has the right to their own opinion with their own system. 9.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

I know this is probably going to start a flame war but here goes.

I can understand why he's doing what he's doing. I currently own both the Cornwall and the La Scala. Mind you that this is only MHO, but I prefer the bass of the Cornwall to that of the La Scala. The midrange of the La Scala blows the Cornwall away. Absolutely no comparison there. They are two completely different speakers. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

In a nutshell I am leaning towards preferring the sound of my Cornwalls to my La Scala's with my current system and setup. Everyone certainly has the right to their own opinion with their own system.
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif">

----------------

Phiranaman,

I see you have finally come to your senses, now, buy the THX subs, then IMHO the lascala's will rule, w/o I will take the corns 24/7

2.gif3.gif9.gif When I was talking to Trey, He gave me the same advice. If I had the proper room, I would syill go with Khorns, and THX. I do LOVE my corns....BTY, ya better get urself some new crossovers in those corns, I guarantee you will smile, they do improve both the mids, and highs, not to mention making the bass tighter16.gif

Call me some time 12.gif

Steve,

I had the pleasure of having dinner with Trey and a few engineers from Klipsch last Wednesday night at the Chart House in Dana Point, CA. We had a very nice dinner along with some interesting conversation. I asked all of them a ton of questions about the Heritage and Reference series loudspeakers. Everything from the manufacturing process to their thoughts about where Klipsch was headed in the future. I also asked a flurry of questions about the THX Ultra and RSW subs.

I learned a lot about the Klipsch products as well as their employees. Both are first rate in my book.

BTW, I don't have your numbers anymore. I had to get another cell phone, my son threw the last one into the pool a few weeks ago. 8.gif