Cornwalls on ebay, BIN 499

Budman

They would probably have been gone by now if the auction had pics. Veneer would help also. Lots of questions, though. Grills, connectors, I or II, serial numbers, etc. But the seller has 100% positive fb!

Listening to new-used Cornwalls would be a great way to spend a beautiful Fall Sunday in Maryland, Virginia or DC.

----------------

On 11/6/2004 8:28:57 PM Klipschfoot wrote:

They would probably have been gone by now if the auction had pics. Veneer would help also. Lots of questions, though. Grills, connectors, I or II, serial numbers, etc. But the seller has 100% positive fb!

Listening to new-used Cornwalls would be a great way to spend a beautiful Fall Sunday in Maryland, Virginia or DC.

----------------

Why don't you buy em? We can take my van to pick them up. It's about time you replace those Altecs anyway!9.gif

Geez, I'd love to have them. They'd make a great project pair. Rosewood Cornwall's.

Hey Gary, I flew right over your house last night.

Of course, I was at about 35,000 ft. going .75 the speed of sound.

But I was there none-the-less! I looked down and said, yup, Gary's house is right . . about . . . . There.

Greg

----------------

On 11/6/2004 8:59:47 PM garymd wrote:

Why don't you buy em? We can take my van to pick them up. It's about time you replace those Altecs anyway!

----------------

Thanks for thinking of me. It would be, at best, a lateral change, not an upgrade. If there were nice pics, I would definitely give it a test drive, at least. But these are not furniture grade. I admit, my finger was on the trigger, though. My Altec Valencia 846U speakers are quite happy in my house (uh, basement 9.gif ) and would be very jealous of OEM boxes potentially displacing them.

I still have those Type B Cornwall crossovers for the day I get adventurous. It is just a matter of getting the drivers (or comparable). I like the looks of the "decorator" cabinets most.