FS: AVVT 2A3 tubes - matched pair

dubai2000

This has been on my mind for some time now. Perhaps it might indeed be wiser to keep those beauties, but I really cannot see myself using them in the near future. So here is a matched pair which I bought directly from jacmusic.com in the summer of 2003. As the matching amp didn't stay with me longer than December that year and as I was using two different brands of 2A3s at the same time, I'd say those AVVTs have just been burned in. Of course they are not cheap, but if you check the archive you'll find many positive reactions to their sound....and they are beautiful to behold! So if you are keen on treating yourself for Christmas, let me know.

Wolfram

They would indeed be nice for Santa to bring home. The AVVT's have a quality of midrange that will make Diana Krall recordings take on a life of their own. They are also in a larger glass envelope than ordinary 2A3's and are very cool looking tubes. Look good in the dark, too.

Is that a 2A3 mesh-plate or 2A3SL? (Solid plate?)

The JAC music pricelist indicates NOS AVVT from '99 to '01 and only have 2A3 meshies listed.

Unless you can order 6 weeks in advance like I found out with the TJ 2.5 volt 300B solid-plates. Maybe they don't make them anymore.

378 Euro is roughly over 400 bucks? ouch

I thought the TJ's were spendy at over 200 bucks a pair.

What really sucks is the AVVT 2A3SL with a max voltage of 450 volts @ 130 mils would just drop-in my amp and probably do pretty well running 360 volts @ 65, 68 mils.....

Someone with a 2A3 amp should grab these! They are fine, fine tubes, and incredibly well built; and as Dee says, look amazing in a dark room! They are giant skyscraper 2A3 tubes, with an equally impressive sound. If you happen to have a Horus or Moondog, or any SE 2A3 amp, you have got to try them out.

I would buy them in a split second if not for saving up for a very nice home-made tube shortwave radio! I am thrilled about this receiving radio that an extremely knowledgeable (not to mention patient) friend is very kindly taking time out of his busy schedule to build for us.

The AVVTs create the largest soundstage I have heard from any 2A3 -- RCA, GE, Sovtek, Golden Dragon, etc.

Erik

edit: and KR Enterprise -- which I also like very, very much.

----------------

On 12/5/2004 5:56:39 PM ssh wrote:

Wolfram,

That's funny, because my first thought was, that I wish I could get another 2A3 amp to run the tweeter when I tri-amp my Khorns in a few weeks.

SSH
9.gif

----------------

Look for a 45 amp instead as it will have probably better HF.

You might check for amps by Jeff Korneff. They are supposed to be quite good.