KG 3.5s - need opinions

meuge

I have a chance to grab a pair of KG 3.5s of undetermined age. I have yet to inspect them cosmetically, but they look quite nice on the seller's pics. I was thinking of using them in a system for my parents. Considering the double digit (!!!) price they're being offered for (medium oak finish), and the fact that the finish would match the furniture in my parents' living room I am really tempted. Has anyone heard them? They're supposed to be in good condition with the exception of one broken foot and no grilles.

I need your opinions!

Meuge,

I've got 4 pair of the 3.5's. My meduim oak pair is 1994 vintage and marked my entry into the wonderful world of Klipsch 10 years ago. I use the medium oak for 2 channel listening. IMO, they offer tremendous bang for the buck. Nice detail on the mid and high end and the bass will dig down low without getting "boomy". I ran them with the digital Pioneer receiver you bought and an older analog "cheapo" Sherwood receiver before that. To be honest, for 2 channel I liked the Sherwood better. I was able to optimize the treble and bass settings (at least for my ear) to gain a fuller "big speaker" sound. The Sherwood advantage may be because the speakers were designed to take advantage of the electronics of that time. Don't know, just speculating...9.gif

Check with the Klipsch parts dept. to see if they have any feet or grills available. I bought a foot for one of mine just a few years ago.

Bottom line...if the cosmetics are good, the under $100 price is right!

I hope you get them I have a pair an absolutely love them.. Very dynamic, great soundstage for their size and very clean although a smidge harsh on the uppers. Bought mine new in '96 for about $800 and have loved every minute of them. Reasonable size too, so they won't overpower a smaller room prescense wise.

I'll put it this way, the best man at my wedding is 6' 9", 325 lbs of muscle.

I found a pair for him about 2 years ago.

I'm still alive. He smiles when listening to them. His first comments were, "I can't believe that I own a pair of Klipsch Speakers." He helped me move my LaScalas many times. I held the door.

When he hooked them up to an OLD Electro-Voice Integrated, he smiled. He said, "I own Klipsch." Thought he would never be able to afford Klipsch.

dodger