wow la scalas $2K

seti

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1107611264

Klipsch LaScala-beautiful custom made LaScala. Solid hard maple furniture quality trim at all corners/joints, glass tops set flush atop beveled hardwood trim. 17S801 and 17S802-late seventies models. Look at the birch grain obtained for these! High end Solen and Musicap parts as well as wound Litz wire. Big difference! Cant beat vintage Klipsch drivers and cabinets; crossovers have improved greatly in 30-40 years and thus the improvements have been taken advantage of here and are incorporated. Have type AA crossovers as well if you prefer and will bring price down by ~$300. Hardwood casing adds stability and tighter controlled base. Think about it. 150 lbs each and these speakers are stunning! Wives will love these! I will place these lascalas as the best looking you can find! Also in performance! LOOK AT ALL PICS CAREFULLY TO SEE QUALITY! $2000 is firm with crossovers, offers with type AA (any choice fine-save money if use standard AA-still great!)These are much better and prettier than new ones costing $3000. Local pick-up preferred. But, will deliver for reasonable price in a 500 mile radius!(depends on distance).

I think that they are ugly and overpriced, if they stopped with the custom fitted/beveled glass tops that would have been much better. All they did was tack all that wood onto the stock birch enclosure and add a set of ALK crossovers and now there worth $2K, I think not.

Granted the crossovers are 5 bills, but $1.5K for some additional wood trim, C'mon!

I hadn't thought of the WAF factor hmm perhaps she did it..bad evil women.. I think a nice exotic veneer would have been much more effective. They look like Klipsch from the cover of Southern Living. They don't like that bad from a distance but close up barfy.....

OMG They sold already.......