Cornwalls on ebay

Budman

ebay # 5736780780 the ad says they are from around 1962. with BIN you don't have time to ask questions you hit the button and ask questions later. finally got him on the phone today and he said they are C-MR-15 serial number K which dates them to 1972 not 62. i also could tell by the pictures that they were verticals and the best thing about them is that they were 90 miles from my house. jumped in the truck and drove to indy and brought them home today. very nice condition. man if they were 62's i could have been on the same page as Frznin and Gilbert.1.gif1.gif

----------------

On 12/9/2004 3:13:13 AM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

Is it true you have 30 Cornwalls?

I was a few min late getting home I hit send..you had beat me to the punch. A great find.

I talked to the owner of the store today, he said you were a Klipsch Cornwall fanatic!!

----------------

I have 3 sets of corns. 71 vertical 2's (teak & cane), 76 decorators (birch raw) arrived on monday, same place where Gilbert got his single 59-60 cornwall and 72 verticals in mahogany with black grills. i did tell the owner of the store i have about 12 sets of heritage speakers. i have one pair each of the other oringal 5 heritage and about 6 sets of heresy. my wife is the greatest. she came into the room at the same time i saw them on ebay and i told her it says they are 1962's and they are 90 miles away. she said i guess you have to buy them and sell them later if you don't like them. even though they are 72's, i like em

Boy I suprise myself sometimes with guessing the year and finish on those. I guessed that they were '72's and unfihished Mahogany. Man you nailed them though, they were not up for very long at all.

Gilbert my brother in law does not have a pair of '72's though. He has a pair of '61's in WO, a pair of '67's & '68's in WO, and now a '60 single in Mahogany (light finish) and a pair of '90 OO Cornwall II's. I have only my '62's left, I have owned this past year a pair of '68 Mahogany verticals, and a pair of '86 Cornwall II's in BR I sold them off in favor of a pair of '77 Khorn's and I am not sorry about it either.

----------------

On 12/9/2004 8:43:55 AM Good2BHome wrote:

Quick reflexes Russ and a great wife. There is NO better combination!!!

Is the Mahogany still raw?

Mike

----------------

Mike, I'm guessing the R stands for raw and yes they are raw. after i clean them up a little what am i going to use on the finish???

----------------

On 12/9/2004 8:45:58 AM Frzninvt wrote:

Boy I suprise myself sometimes with guessing the year and finish on those. I guessed that they were '72's and unfihished Mahogany. Man you nailed them though, they were not up for very long at all.

----------------

when i saw them it said 44 people viewed them according to the counter at the bottom of the page. when i saw that they were verticals behind the grill cloth i knew it was a no brainer.