Bond's records should have an *

SteelerFan

First Barry Bonds tried to claim he was clean, now he says his trainer gave him something and he didn't know what it was. I've been hanging out in gyms for most of my life and let me tell you if you are on steroids, you know it and so does everyone else.

He dishonors players like Hank Aaron, Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, Willie Mays, Babe Ruth and many others who relied on just talent and hard work.

His and Giambi's and all the rest of the performance enhanced freaks should have asterisks by their records.

How about Steve Courson who started with the Steelers and ended up down here with the Tampa Bay? I was a member of a gym he used to go to in Clearwater (Horizons) where I saw him close grip bench over 400lb for 12 reps without coming close to failure.

It all caved in on him when he took a training camp physical and they discovered a dangerously elevated resting heart rate. That was the end of the steroids for him and his career ended soon after.

Last I heard, he was in need of a heart donor. I think he may have written a book about it.

Could the heart problems Arnold had possibly be traced back to steroids?

Alzado was all pro at one time. He blamed his subsequent brain tumors on his steroid abuse. Unfortunately, Alzado is not remembered, and if he is, players always believe it won't happaen to them.

Steroid and other performance enhancing drugs are now a problem in high schools. Smaller children are going to their pediatricians and asking for human growth hormone. The kid is taught to inject himself daily.

Bill

it's all about the $$$$$$ boys and girls.

realize that the conversation is only about putting an asterisk on his record. nobody is talking about even fining Bonds.

I heard a decent suggestion on a radio talk show yesterday. After every game (although this was in the context of basketball), everybody pisses in a collective bucket. They test the bucket, and if an listed drugs shows up in the bucket, the team loses the game that day!!! Forces the teams police the drug issue. Not a completely ridiculous idea. Certainly it would manipulate the way teams probably just don't ask if there star outperforms while suddenly having substantially more body mass.

----------------

On 12/13/2004 12:11:32 AM boomac wrote:

----------------

On 12/12/2004 11:31:25 PM v3spitfire wrote:

I think the only clean sport left is WWF. And Boxing. And the pure virginity of the Olympics of course.

----------------

Well, there's always Golf.

----------------

I can't imagine anything that could enhance your performance in golf. Coupla beers, maybe... I had a buddy who shot an 83 while on shrooms, but we did have to help find his ball several times! He didn't miss a putt, though. Unreal.

Eh, anyway... back on topic. I think they should let these morons do whatever they want to their bodies. So, you want to take rhino growth hormones? Go ahead! So maybe you can hit 80 home runs. Oh, too bad you die a grotesque death at the age of 35. Funny how there's such a difference in how we view atheletes and regular drug abusers. They should bear the consequences of their decision just like we mere mortals do.

The fact remains that there is a long history in human civilization of drug to facilitate achievement in a variety of applications. Peyote, LSD, pot, even coffee have been used as performance enhancers, with a varying degree of legality and acceptance. Who are we to judge as to the validity and morality of a substance's use? You know, none these meatheads put any food on my table. They don't deserve any more respect than anyone else that works for a living. I think this country needs to check it's priorities in regard to the way these hoods and punks are idolized and respected just because they can bounce a ball or swing a stick of wood. You want a role model for your kid? Look to your daily life, not the TV or football stadium.

----------------

On 12/13/2004 12:35:47 AM bclarke421 wrote:

----------------

On 12/13/2004 12:11:32 AM boomac wrote:

----------------

On 12/12/2004 11:31:25 PM v3spitfire wrote:

I think the only clean sport left is WWF. And Boxing. And the pure virginity of the Olympics of course.

----------------

Well, there's always Golf.

----------------

I can't imagine anything that could enhance your performance in golf. Coupla beers, maybe... I had a buddy who shot an 83 while on shrooms, but we did have to help find his ball several times! He didn't miss a putt, though. Unreal.

----------------

Sorry, but that's f_ckin funny!!!.... LMFAO.

Fact is, they know they cheated. Of course, maybe they don't care! Ah, yea they do. In the end, we all care.

BTW, what are shrooms? I'm thinkin' short for Mushrooms which I think was/is a nickname for some hallucinagetic.

Would they help my golf game? I need somethin'