What's wrong with RW-12 ?

Noloft

Why does the RW-12 get such little play here? It seems to me that dollar for dollar, this could be Klipschs best sub.Less than $700.00, 340watts, 116db, and goes as low as 21hz. These seem like really good numbers to me. what am I missing or what part of the story do I not know?

Just wondering,

Noloft

Uh,nothing wrong with this sub.Good buy for the performance you get.

Blame the DIY campers,these are easy to spot.Each time you ask about what best sub at some price level they say WHY NOT DIY,these watch too much Bob Villa and home improvement shows.

Heah while at it why not build your own car. 2.gif

In light of the performance available from SVS, Hsu, and Outlaw, in the under $500 range, I'd have a hard time spending much more than what the RW-10 or RW-12 cost. Especially considering my rooms aren't that big, and I'd like to not go completely deaf. In fact, they are the only klipsch subs I would consider. They would certainly keep up with my B&W's.

The RW-12 is not available in any market for $400. Even the deep discount online retailers charge nearly $500. You could probably talk a dealer down under $600 if you're lucky. $400 or less and you may be getting a bogus product (or you get it from a mom-and-pop store with very little overhead).

You don't want to go through brandnamez.com. They may look somewhat legit but they're products and reputation are not admirable. I wouldn't want the second hand stuff they distribute. Klipsch wouldn't honor a warranty and brandnamez doesn't even have one unless you pay $ for it.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I got mine from a bona-fide dealer for $550 all-in, meaning sales tax included.

This dealer was already peeved at me for returning not one but two other subs, the Definitive ProSub 200TL (or something like that) and a floor model RSW-10... But third time's the charm, I guess. I like my RW-12 very much, and don't think you can do better for the money.

As for the SVS, HSU, etc., noone ever seems to include the cost of getting the thing to your house. A year ago I called SVS and asked if I could pick up at the point of manufacture, and they gave me an emphatic "NO".