Where's Heritage Advertising?

boom3

I have not seen any Heritage products advertised in a long time. Is K&A relying on word of mouth alone to sell this line? Some new print ads in the major mags (even those who tend to sniff at horns) would be nice and perhaps counter some of the misinformation out there.

In a traditional sense Heritage product isn't promoted. It's advertised on e-bay. The Khorn's the only speaker to routinely acheive significant bidder interest. Research other high-end manufacturers sites and examine their product development saga. In many instances you'll find that they cite the Klipschorn as their benchmark in trying to top the best. It's bantered on Audigon and many audiophile sites. People seem to love it or not, but they always seem to know that it's a "player" product worthy of critical review.

Every now and then somebody gets it correct the 1st time. 50 some years later the Khorn is arguably such a product. It's known among the people who need to know. People rarely advertise the bible just their versions of it.

As mentioned in an earlier post Klipsch is worthy of documentary status in lieu of Madison Ave.2.gif

----------------

On 12/18/2004 11:35:26 AM oscarsear wrote:

The Khorn's the only speaker to routinely acheive significant bidder interest.

Huh?!? Not sure what you mean by that. Every Heritage sold on e-bay seems to get quite a lot of bidding interest. Maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to say there.

Now more to the point of the original question, production of "Heritage" is a slow process. They are fairly high priced compared to other Klipsch products, which are in some cases manufactured off shore. Heresy II's are $1300'ish list and RF-5's are close to that and the RF 5 theoretically out perform them, I prefer the "Heritage" sound but I believe materials for manufacturing the Heritage are more costly and Klipsch gets a better return on production of the other lines so consequently there is a much larger mass marketing push for the other Klipsch lines and I think that is a shame. It is the "Heritage" that brought Klipsch where they are today.

Todays consumers want small and inconspicuous. Heritage size works against itself in todays market of small cubes and mediocre sound. Lets face it most of the AV products are marketed to the masses not the discerning listener. Klipsch for the most part has always tried to deliver the prospective customer the most for their money spent. Which is probably why we have not seen the Jubilee hit the market. Its cost avails itself to a very limited market.

E-bay is their biggest competition. The Heritage lasts for a lifetime. For example a pair of 1960 era K-Horns will stand proud and look the one produced today right in the eye and say howdy junior. The acquisition cost of used Heritage is significantly lower. How would you like to compete with PWK?

Anyway just my two cents. Klipsch has their business plan and it appears to be very successful, and I would hate to think out beloved Heritage days are numbered but Klipsch does have a unique situation.

----------------

On 12/18/2004 12:58:36 PM damonrpayne wrote:

I think Paul is likely correct, it could be however that the Heritage line is like the exotic cars many auto makers have: the NSX that draws you into the showroom to buy the RSX.
----------------

Thats what I am thinking!

Or Dodge Viper, Corvette (to a lesser extent), Carrera GT, Enzo, etc.

However, I have no doubt that Klipsch makes plenty of money.

The real question is - are they maxed out in their current workshop? Even with no ads, are they selling as much as they can make? For example, they can produce 500 units a month, and their facility cannot support anymore output - and they are selling 600 units a month - it would be dumb to advertise to try and sell more!

The Heritage series is now a niche product. Labour intensive, low profit margins, but essential to Klipsch's plans for the future. Without Heritage, Klipsch loses credibility big time.

Don't be surprised, when Klipsch drop in updated models of the Heritage series on an unsuspecting public. 3.gif

Edwin,

They'll drop any new Heritage on the aproaching 20,000 users of the Klipsch Forum first I believe. We are a captive, addicted audience and any promotion costs have already been spent on the servers and software.

One of the Reasons to make Promedia; Synergy; THX; Reference; (soon) Premiere; and Heritage lines is to allow your customers to "upgrade" within the same brand. Growth comes from loyal customers and word of mouth. Advertising for a mature brand, such a Klipsch, is as much reinforcement for current owners as to attract new ones.

I am wracking my brain to remember the huge number of Heresys that Andy,HD-BR, said he could make in a day. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Rick