tube preamp, but where to connect video?

tofu

hi. this is my first post here.

i'm going to be using 2.1 sound for my home theater viewing due to room size restrictions. i wanted to buy a tube pre-amp to go with my mc-250 ss amp. i was wondering what the other piece of equipment i need to buy is called. i want to connect all of my video to some kind of main "hub" like an a/v receiver or surround sound pre/pro would have.

i know some newer 2 channel tube amps may have svideo, component, composite, etc.. connectors, but they're way out of my pricerange. i suppose if worse comes to worse, i'll just go with one of the parasound ss preamps, as they seem to have the video outputs i need, but i'd really prefer to try tube.

thanks.

If you have multiple sources of video it may not be possible to connect them all to the TV simultaneously.

I saw someone recommended Radio shack as a throw away comment. All I can say is - works for me!

I run 2 DVD players, a Satellite receiver and a video recorder through a little Radio shack switch into the TV for video and the pre-amp for sound. Works a charm.

The only thing is that this connection is composite only. For higher res pictures (Component et al) I also run connections direct from the player to the TV - but the low res option allows me to pipe picture and sound from any source to the bedroom with a standard 14 inch TV and a stereo.

I couldn't even draw the current setup - it has gotten very complex - but it works - and all thanks to the Radio shack switch box that cost something around $15.

hello again. thanks for the help, guys.

i will be connecting multiple things to a projector, such as my computer, future dvd player, cable box, perhaps a vcr, etc... so directly connecting my "source" to my "main display" is a bit out of the question, as it lacks all the needed inputs.

i heard someone mention a radio shack "switch." that seems to be what i'm looking for. i'll research this more, and check it out tomorrow when i go to buy some banana plugs.

thanks again.

oh, and while we're on this topic, what would you guys suggest for some tube pre-amps? granted, there are probably a plethora of threads on this, but it's always nice to hear fresh answers.

let's not go too crazy with the pricing though... i only have rf-3ii's. :D

edit: for use with mcintosh mc250

Sounds like you need a vintage DBX DAV-600, DAV-600G, or the remote controllable 500XR. These units are great for vintage gear because they are program route selectors with video capability (composite type) and allow a number of components to be connected to them and all the switching is handled by them. All you need is a single tape loop off your tube preamp. The video portions can be fed directly into the television. There is a nice DBX 500XR on eBay right now as a matter of fact.

Very clean units, they introduce no noise or artifacts. Far superior to anything Radio Shack peddles I can assure you.

Here is a link to the auction for the 500XR, very nice component.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5739294440&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT