Looking to upgarde any thoughts

Dylanl

I currently have a 299B that was fixed up by Craig. I like it but am thinking about upgrading in the future. I am driving Khorns. What would be a good step up in sound quality? I seem to prefer push pull to single ended because of the bass. Anyone have any affordable options.

I agree with Dean and Tom. Seperates is the way to go. NosValves VRD's, Dynaco Mark III's, McIntosh MC-30's, and Quicksilver KT-88's to name a few.

If you decide to go this route I have a Mapletree Ultra 4A SE preamp with phono section that I'd be willing to sell. I now have a JM-200 Peach linestage.

Tom,

Are you referring to the pair we heard at Steve's house last January? If so I didn't care for them either. You're right I thought they were EXTREMELY bright and very harsh as well. But who knows, maybe someone likes that denstist drill type of sound (as TBrennan calls refers to it.....lmao) ??

----------------

On 12/22/2004 2:27:12 PM rf3iicrazy wrote:

There were a set of Quicksilver kt88 mono's I heard in my system that I did not care for, model number escapes me, maybe Craig or Smillen can chime in. Stay clear of those, way bright & harsh at higher volumes.

Tom----------------

----------------

On 12/22/2004 1:39:28 PM Piranha wrote:

I agree with Dean and Tom. Seperates is the way to go. NosValves VRD's, Dynaco Mark III's, McIntosh MC-30's, and Quicksilver KT-88's to name a few.

If you decide to go this route I have a Mapletree Ultra 4A SE preamp with phono section that I'd be willing to sell. I now have a JM-200 Peach linestage.

----------------

Welcome to the Peach club!!! Had mine for awhile now and appreciate it every day. Fine piece of equipment.

Carl.

Thanks, and likewise. I have actually had mine for a few months. I had to wait a few weeks longer than everyone else on the initially offering to get an all walnut case. The wait was well worth it.

Does anyone know where's Jordan (jorjen) been? I am interested to get his take on his VRD's & Peach on Khorns.