Replace Khorns with a Home Theater system?

Mikie

----------------

On 12/23/2004 8:14:44 AM brian berube wrote:

I did the same thing Mikie in the late '90's; traded in my Khorns. I had sellers remorse from the day I sold them. It wasn't until this fall that I purchased a pair of 40 year old Khorns that my life became complete again. Don't let your wife get in the way of this mistress; she is a siren that will continue to beckon to you if you get rid of her. You have to find a place in your new home for her. Sell it to your wife this way, with a Khorn as a mistress you'll never leave the house looking for another.

----------------

LOL 6.gif9.gif

While I don't own Khorns, I do own a (mostly) Reference line HT. RF-7s & RC-7 in front, & RF-5s for surrounds. While the Reference line is good, it won't compare to the Khorns. I've A/B'd Khorns against the RF-7s at a dealer, and it made my RF-7s sound terrible by comparison.

Don't get me wrong, the RF-7s are great, and if you absolutley can't keep the Khorns, they would probably be a good option. The Khorns are just that much better.

I do aspire to have a pair of the big Klipschorns some day, but I sure can't get them in my apartment. As much as I would like to try....

I'm keeping the Khorns!

The little lady & I auditioned the Reference line today & that was all it took. Although the Reference line is nice they don't hold a candle to the Khorns. We reviewed the remodel plans & agreed on a change to let us keep the Khorns.

I'm a happy, happy guy 9.gif9.gif9.gif

Thanks to all for the advise.

----------------

On 12/24/2004 1:54:02 AM Mikie wrote:

I'm keeping the Khorns!

----------------

Hooray! What great news. Everybody goes through that 'upgrade' or 'change is as good as a holiday' phase. But not everybody escapes unscathed as you did. Now you can enjoy upgrading the rest of your system around the Klipschorns.

3.gif

Guest Anonymous

keeping the k-horns is a great choice talk to jm about a hertiage ht from what i hear its legendary, I am hoping one of these days when I dive through his area I will be able to stop in and have a good listen to his system

Mikie, a lot of us have had the same reaction. Once you fall in love with the Heritage sound, it is hard to switch.

Now, give yourself the ultimate Christmas present and make sure that room is designed to bring the most out of Khorns. The Khorns sound great, but put them in a room designed for Khorns, and hear what these gems can do.

Thanks for the kind words George, let me know when you are in town, your welcome to come over anytime.

JM

Mikie, When you first posted, you put a15.gif on my face. Knowing how I would feel parting with my Khorns.

Todays news puts a1.gif on my face. Merry Christmas!3.gif

Maybe you can talk the Mrs into a crossover upgrade "to make the old girls sing even sweeter". Now that she has heard the others, it should be an easy sell and cheaper too!9.gif

Rick