• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 1/6/2005 1:39:20 PM mark1101 wrote:

Thanks for working on getting a cornwall picture.

I have seen pictures of absolutely stunning cornwalls right here in threads on this forum. There should be plenty to pick from (or EBAY).

One pair of decorator corns that someone shared a picture of stands out in my mind. I believe they may have been rosewood refinishes. Sorry, I don't have any other info on them, but the pictures of them are here somewhere. They were great shots. Awesome, classic look. I'm sure others know what I'm talking about.

Anyhow, you shouldn't have any problem finding great cornwall shots.

Mine are way too ugly.
14.gif
----------------

They need someone here to take a picture and give it to Klipsch with the understanding it WILL be used for commerical purposes. If Klipsch just took a random picture off Google Images or eBay, they could get <b!tch slapped>

Guest Brendan Riggs

Sorry, I didn't mean to type Khorn on there! Sorry for the confusion! Oh, also you can search for model number. There is a search on the front page on the bottom left.

The new site is definitely an improvement in terms of; easy of use and functionality. It allows you to find a product quickly. It is my opinion that for a web site to be effective a user should at maximum need to click 3 links to find the information he/she is looking for. Anymore clicks then that you will find the typical user will give up their search.

Hi Amy, this is much better. The double drop-downs were a little anoying. I like having the picture next to the line. Could use a separate drop-down (maybe near near the search) to select a type of speaker (eg. subwoofer) across all product lines. If I know I want a subwoofer I'd like to be able to get all of them (reference, Ultra, ...).

After the search results are displayed & I select a product to view in detail, it would be nice if the detail page had a next/previous to scroll through each product on the search results (without returning to the search results page).

How about after you select something within one of the sections keeping the little choice bar thingy...so you can quickly go to another place quicker..

example...you are looking at the Reference sub page...and then want to go to reference floorstander...no real way to do it now except hit back button however many times you need to to get back to the index page...

also...may I suggest having a link to this http://www.klipsch.com/product/index.aspx page on all pages....makes things easier....when you click something by accident...

Maybe make all the choices as a Left side bar navigation on every page within this product viewing pages excpet this first index page....

remove the pics and what not...but keep the titles and such...this would be even better....

So if i wanted to compar say the RF7 to the THX Ultra2-I could do so very easy.....

Looking good just a couple of additional comments about the Cornwall pictures and specs. The Cornwall picture is clearly a picture of a Cornwall II. Also the specs state that the Cornwall was made from MDF. This is not true they were all made with "....3/4" void free birch plywood....".

I now that you guys are trying to get everything correct and these are nit picky items but I truely believe that your own website should be "the last word" when it comes to these types of things. These little items are really important for people trying to decide which speakers to purchase off of eBay etc..

While the older models are offically discontinued, there is a HUGE market for them on eBay and other sites. They are still very much sought after and do create an entry point for the brand and may lead to sales in the PC speaker area etc..

If you need pictures of speakers I am sure forum members would be glad to help out.

Laters,

Jeff

• Moderators

----------------

On 1/7/2005 11:26:42 PM ygmn wrote:

How about after you select something within one of the sections keeping the little choice bar thingy...so you can quickly go to another place quicker..

example...you are looking at the Reference sub page...and then want to go to reference floorstander...no real way to do it now except hit back button however many times you need to to get back to the index page...

also...may I suggest having a link to this
page on all pages....makes things easier....when you click something by accident...

Maybe make all the choices as a Left side bar navigation on every page within this product viewing pages excpet this first index page....

remove the pics and what not...but keep the titles and such...this would be even better....

So if i wanted to compar say the RF7 to the THX Ultra2-I could do so very easy.....
----------------

We will be implementing a feature like this, but we cannot make it functional until the website is live.

For those of you with trouble reading because of the light words on black background, does adjusting your contrast help at all? Most people don't seem to have trouble... Just curious.

We're looking at all of your suggestions, and thanks very much again!!

"For those of you with trouble reading because of the light words on black background, does adjusting your contrast help at all? Most people don't seem to have trouble... Just curious."

Amy,

I'm using a real CRT (not LCD) and keep contrast cranked to 100 and I adjust the brightness level to balance the room light. (I'm very picky, since I'm viewing photos) I spend about 8 hours a day on this screen sorting photos. The white on black is just very small and physiologically the white on black is tough on eyes. The tiny page numbers are the worst, they're too close together also.

Guest Brendan Riggs

What resolution do you have your monitor set to? I have a 17" set to 1280x1024 and it appears fine here with no strain to the eyes. I am going to guess that you have a 19" monitor or larger set at a high resolution. If this is not correct, let me know what you are using and perhaps I can find an explanation. If this is what you have, read on.

If you are by chance running a slightly larger monitor at a much higher resolution due to a good quality monitor, being something to the effect of 1920x1440 instead of 1600x1200, try setting down your resolution to 1600x1200. Black copy on a white background would be a bit difficult to read on a 19" at 1920x1440, and black on white can be very difficult to read at the higher resolution on a 19". Most users have experienced no trouble, I'm just trying to find the connection between the ones that are having issues. Thanks, Brendan

I use 800 X 600 on a Dell 17" Trinitron monitor, and find the gray-on-black text fatiguing (it's gray, not white). It doesn't help much that the gray turns a little brighter when the mouse runs over it. Dark typeface on white is so much better!

On current forum pages, I cannot see the black-on-black page numbers at the top if there is more than one page to the thread, but know they're there because the cursor becomes a hand. I can see them at the bottom, fortunately. Past discussion suggests this varies with the browser. I continue to think that the overarching black backdrop theme is the common thread to these various concerns.

Larry

Brendan:

I have a 17 Trinitron monitor set at 1152x 864 resolution.

The contrast problem is in reference to the contrast in the colors of background and print. Some combinations are easier to read than others are. Most books are printed black type on white paper.

If Klipsch is set on the white type, check the Paradigm and JBL sites, both are brighter white type and easier for me to read than the Klipsch type but still, white on black is more difficult to read than the inverse. The brown on brown on the lower part of the Paradigm site is very hard to read.

Hope this helps.

http://www.paradigm.com/

http://www.jbl.com/jbl_speaker_systems.htm

----------------

If Klipsch is set on the white type, check the Paradigm and JBL sites, both are brighter white type and easier for me to read than the Klipsch type but still, white on black is more difficult to read than the inverse.

----------------

Both those sites are nicer, and JBL in particular has pleasing, readable white on black and black (or is it white?) on gray that really works. Don't both sites have a larger font, which helps? AND JBL does the classic photo composition thing -- a notable, relatively restricted patch of nice red which really livens it up.

Larry