Windows XP Pro!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a digital camera and every time i connect it to my computer i have to reinstall the drivers this is so annoying because stupid xp won't even let me drap and drop pictures i have to use this horrible application from cannon, and on my mac i just have to plug it in and i can drag and drop its so easy i hate bill gates and his horrid software!!!!!

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I am using XP Pro and I have no problem opening my Canon S200 as a drive and dragging the pictures anywhere I want. I would say that aside from getting a card reader (which is a really useful appliance for $30), the only thing you can do is reformat, which you should do at least every 2 years with Windows anyway.

Guest Anonymous

i just reformated it like a week ago, and its still acting up like crazy, i just hate this computer so much, but not to complain anymore, but i spent 500 on office xp pro and it won't let me instal microsoft photo editor because that is what i use to change the resolution of my pics so they aren't so big, but noooooooo microsft has to be so worthless that i can't do it. i sure am glad that i have a pc because its so stable and great and i never have any problems with it...... 7.gif7.gif7.gif7.gif

Guest Anonymous

i had to reformat because my 80 dollars in spyware and crap protection software failed miserably and i could not get rid of it, i think the world wide web see's that i am connected to the internet and says "hey there's a sucker, lets get him" and then its over for me and i am done

I work in the IT industry and have seen this problem before. Typically, the problem you experienced is the result of the Canon software / drivers. Many manufactures push products (software) out the door before completing testing. The reason they do this is simple (SALES = PROFIT). You may find an updated driver / software on Canon's web site that will fix your issue.

However, if this doesn't fix the problem, I recommend un-installing the Canon software and using the built-in XP image transfer wizard. It is simple to use and works great with my Canon camera. This wizard will launch automatically when you connect a camera. But, you must make sure you don't have a vendor (Canon) software running which will disable this wizard.

Gram

I beleive Office XP comes with Photo Editor Office 2003 doesn't.

if you have a copy of Office XP you can install that program without having to install the entire office suite.

I have connected Sony, Nikon, Olympus, Minolta and Kodak cameras to my desktop computer. No problems what so ever.

the 6 computers on my network have been loaded with XP since the release. Now they have SP2 and running fine.