which horns have i got?

pete almquist

hi all,

i asked one time before but didnt get the answer i needed. i have an older set of khorns but would like to know how to identify what vintage they are. can someone suggest how i can find this out? also, would it be possible to find out how to improve their performance? i'm new to the forum and maybe need to apologise if this topic has already been beat to death. thanks for any info you can share.

----------------

On 1/7/2005 6:34:21 PM pete almquist wrote:

i'm new to the forum and maybe need to apologise if this topic has already been beat to death.

----------------

Yes, Pete, we talk about your particular set of Klipschorns all the time!

2.gif

It's quite easy to tell a lot about your speakers with the serial numbers, as well as the "type" located on the ID tag. If you could post a picture, that would be nice, too!

Hey Pete!

Welcome to the forum.

There should be a label on the back of each of your speakers. Take a look at it and post the model name and the serial number. If you do that one of us will be able to tell you the age and internal components. There are numerous tweaks available to improve the already glorious sound of the Klipschorn. Once we know which model and year you have we can advise you better.

Better yet, just tell everyone what network (crossover) is in them and that will tell us what drivers and horns are in them. The network is where all the wires meet.The networks will have red lettering in the lower right corner.

Example: A, AA, AK, AK-2, AK-3. I bet you have the AK-2, there are a lot of them around.

Do you have a tailboard gasket on them. This is a rubber like substance that runs up and down the back vertical board that comes

close to touching the two adjoining walls in the corner that you have the K-Horn pushed into. Thats the first thing you must add to the speaker if they don't have them.