hey GIL! where is our weekly article?

sunnysal

First thing in the morning, buddy.

It is nice to be noticed. Now there is performance pressure.

My plan is go off on a tangent and post the papers of D.B. "Don" Keele about horn design. There are four.

I hope you'll (and you all) bear with me. The latter three get into midrange design. Then I'll come back to the design of the K-5 which shows just how very much PWK recognized in the first place.

Gil

Guest Anonymous

they are always interesting... where do you find most of this stuff anyways? btw have any of you guys read the pwk bio??? its $25.00 and i was wondering if it was worth buying and reading etc

I have the book and cannot recommend it. It has some interesting detail on PWK's patents etc. but is very incomplete with respect to his life history.

For example he was married to his first wife,Belle, for 30+ years but there is almost no mention of her in the book. As near as I can recall the only reference deals with her having married him in 1933. The marriage ended with her passing but even that information goes unrecorded.

Well intentioned but incomplete and amateur.

Guest Anonymous

humm i kind of ffigured that it wouldn't be that great just because to the common person he is not very well known, i always thought that an interesting story was when pwk passed on and they started to sell klipsch at best buy his second wife went to a best buy and started asking the audio employee's if they knew anything about klisch or paul or any of that stuff, and i guess they knew enough not to sound like complete morons, but whatever then she told them who she was and well the rest is history

I'm glad people like them. Sometimes I was not so sure how they were received.

I gave my spare "free" Klipsch tee shirt to s.milen.

Of course you could print a select page of an article on tranfer paper and iron it on to your favorite wearing apparel.

I thought the book was worth the price. I did work as a librarian for a year. One thing you learn is that not everything is in one place and you have to mine out whatever you can.

Gil

I wait for each weekly installment with with bated breath!1.gif

BTW, I bought the PWK bio for $17 on Amazon, and the shipping was free because I bought a couple of other things to make the total over $25. It is well worth $17 just for the photos in the book.